BF 2142 - Weapon Tests

B.Ob.

Battlefield 2142 - Weapon Tests

"Battlefield and game development have one major thing in common: they both take a team effort. My name is Alan Kertz and on behalf of the Battlefield 2142 team I will be giving you an inside look at soldier weapons and how they fit into the Battlefield experience. As the Weapons Designer on Battlefield 2142 it's my job to invent new and cool toys and tools for the Battlefield soldier as well as tweak and balance those weapons so they fit the rock-paper-scissors gameplay. Some readers may be more familiar with my alias Demize99, both from the competitive Battlefield scene and as a Modder for various Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam Mods. It's my goal to bring a balanced, entertaining, and exciting Battlefield experience to all players, casual or competitive."

• 5 weeks later...

Woohoo... I can finally post again while @ work.

The gameplay looks & sounds promising, hopefully EA will be able to find a way to make sure that happens.

I should probably send them Dragon's email addy so that they can work with him on this since we all know what he thinks of EA, that way we'll be assured a stellar game ;)

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

Why would we buy Battlefield 2142?

"On the 23rd of May, (3 months ago) Digital Illusions and EA released Battlefield 2 v1.3 patch. With the new patch, a serious server and client stability issue was exposed. Suddenly, both clients and servers started to crash randomly. The developer immediately confirmed the issues and claimed that they started working on a workaround patch to solve these issues. At the beginning of July, (one month after the original patch) the developer released a beta patch that solves the stability issues. But, since this is a beta release, the player will no longer be able to play on the official v1.3 servers, and on a very limited amount of beta v1.4 servers.

Digital Illusions has announced that it will release the final v1.4 patch on the 15th of August (two months and half after the original patch) but suddenly, instead of releasing this patch – or at least some kind of hotfix to resolve the crashing issues – they decided to delay it. Just for the record, they already fixed that issue in the beta, and they didn’t release a hotfix to resolve that critical issue. They decided to keep the product broken and to delay the patch instead of giving us some small patch to solve it."