ATI Catalyst 6.6 drivers release...

Catalyst 6.6 Windows XP - Driver Download

Note: any card before 9500 is no longer supported.

Performance Improvements

- Far Cry performance improves 4-5%. Larger gains of up to 18.3% can be seen when using anisotropic filtering.

- Fear performance improves as much as 8.5% on X1800 and X1900 Single card systems and as much as 14% on X1800 and X1900 Crossfire systems.

- Splinter Cell (original) performance improves as much a 7% on X1300 and X1600 Crossfire systems.

Known Issues

- Neverwinter Nights: Playing the game under Windows XP on a system containing an ATI Radeon® X800 series, may result in the game exiting to the Windows desktop and an error message being displayed.

- Battlefield 2: The game may exit to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed

I personally am not installing this version after reading countless negative posts in various forums. I generally use the same drivers for 2 years anyways.

Yeah, I was quite surprised about some of the non-supported cards, like the 9250. I used the Catalyst Uninstaller and put these on last night. So far, so good, but I have only fired up Prey so far. I'll have to go thru my installed games and note any issues I find!!