LAN Highlights - What were yours ?

I propose this thread to brag about our great tales of domination / fun / embarrassment / etc ;) Just tell a little blurb about something that happened in the games at the LAN that really stood out for you :dork:

For me it was that last round of BF2. At one point in the round OCNoy decided he was going to steal our sides tank by sneaking up the back side of the hills. Then you just slide down the slope quick and you're in the tank.

Well i was running to get the tank from the lower spawn point - as i crest the hill theres OCNoy coming over the slope - he's like 15 feet from the tank, Im about 100 yards or so, lol, clear at the other end of the plaza, no way to beat him, and no way to put bullet rounds on him enough to kill him before he takes the tank...sooo

I pop off one of those rifle mounted grenades (all i had handly in time) in a hail mary holy crap long shot - and BOOM HEADSHOT right on his head. Got to watch him fly up and bounce of the tank, LOL. It was AWESOME ! LOL I still like thinking aobut it B) Got to raz him and listen to him go NO F***** way, lol.

Nemesis was standing behind me watching me take the shot, lol, he can attest to its total awesomeness :cheer:

Thats my little story of uberdom.

Any standouts for you guys ?

Hmmm, interesting, I'll have to dig into my archives for this one.....

Nemesis was standing behind me watching me take the shot, lol, he can attest to its total awesomeness cheer.gif

Oh yeah, I remember that shot as if it just happened, it was simply THAT GOOD!! I saw OCNoy just coming over the top of the hill & I was thinking to myself how if I was playing I would take a shot @ him & then... BOOM, WarSpartan fires of a perfectly placed gernade that simply had to land on OC's head. Watching him lift off the ground, I could've sworn I saw him reach new heights!! I laughed sooo hard & OCNoy was busy popping off the F*** word, it was truly a "Kodak Moment". :rotfl:

A fond memory that comes to mind has to do w/ WarSpartan of all people... We were playing a rather intense round of FEAR & I saw Mr. Spartan duck into a room. I quickly followed him in, cornered him w/ repeating cannon & next thing U know WarSpartan is imbedded into the Ceiling w/ nothing but the lower half of his body sticking out, just hanging there for all the world to see... it was simply AWESOME. Hearing his reaction to it was even better :evil:

-- Nem

All good. The threads just really to note the fun we had at the LAN itself. Usually anytime you hit a LAN theres a memorable frag or moment. I figure this will be a fun little after LAN bit.

Back when I played RTS games a lot, a fun part of the game was everybody taking a few minutes to BS what happened afterwards. Let everyone chat up what they were trying to do at different parts, then how they won or got owned, etc. Was cool. Made the game seem more deep.

Thats just me though :dork:

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing some CoD2 CTF, and I was having a tough night. Had to take frequent breaks when my stomach told me to.

Anyway... there was a match in progress in the Train-yard map, it was 3 on 2 and the the score was 4-1. I evened the teams out and we held them from grabbing more points. I then grabbed the flag the next 2 times and brought it up to 4-3. I needed a break and played a little defense and Buckett grabs the flag and scores to even the the score up. Then the FIGHT was on.... I finally sneak around the back and grab the flag and I'm about a third of the way back and the game ends and the other team win, 4-4. Apparently CoD2 does not have overtime, nor any other type of tie-breaker system.

B):D