Halo v1.03 vehicle options

B.Ob.

I've been playing with custom game types a bit, with an eye of putting them on server of course. For example, I was looking at Blood Gulch with just 2 rocket warthogs and a tank for each side.

Opinions?

You can select how many each side gets, which seems determined how many predefined spaces they put in the map for them, whether not you'll actually see that many. Also, that means you can't define the placement where each vehicle is stationed. (probably need to edit the board for that)

I think a tank would ruin that board, 'cause I would just campin in it to rack up the kills :)

I've killed people in tanks with just the hand gun before, but ok. How about just rocket warthogs and a Ghost?

I've been playing with custom game types a bit, with an eye of putting them on server of course. For example, I was looking at Blood Gulch with just 2 rocket warthogs and a tank for each side.

Opinions?

You can select how many each side gets, which seems determined how many predefined spaces they put in the map for them, whether not you'll actually see that many. Also, that means you can't define the placement where each vehicle is stationed. (probably need to edit the board for that)

If & when I can actually connect to your Halo 1.03 server, I'll give U some feedback as to what to throw in there. Everytime I try, I get denied. I'm not sure why yet, but then again I haven't really been pursuing the issue since I've been rather busy here @ the house w/ other things as of late. Feel free to leave thoughts & suggestions as to what may be wrong & how to work around it. If I can remember, I'll post the error message I get next time I try connecting.

And YES, I have the 1.03 patch installed.

-- Nem

Hmmm, should be able to connect with 1.03 or 1.031. Assuming there is space of course. Your not having one of those Nemesis-only issues, are you?

I'm thinking that this is a "Nemesis-only" issues. I have both the 1.03 patch & 1.031 Fix installed & when I try connecting, I get this error message...

"Alert! Connection rejected: Your client is older than the server."

I'll try installing the files again to see if I somehow left out something, but I highly doubt it.

-- Nem

If you go to try to play online and get the online server list, it should check for updates automatically and install the latest, 1.031. Of course, if you play without the CD, you made need an additional file. But it sounds like the 1.03 (or 1.031) didn't install probably on your system.

I see MS finally has v1.031 up for official download from here. Kinda nice thing about Halo (I think), if you have the current patch already installed (when you try to reinstall), it will search for updates online.

Ghost is kewl, I got q0wned by them all the time :)

I changed the Blood Gulch setup for 2 rocket warthogs, 1 regular warthog and 2 Ghosts per side. I didn't change any of the other boards at all, yet. And seeing there are 6 boards in the rotation, chopped it down temporarily to 2 boards, Blood Gulch (new way) and Sidewinder (Team Slayer). Let me know what you think....

Nice IP address...

I pulled the Halo server down about 24 hours ago. There was no traffic to it, and was no longer being listed on the public server list. And with no bots..... Thinking maybe UT2k3 server next..... Any suggestions?

Nice IP address...

I pulled the Halo server down about 24 hours ago. There was no traffic to it, and was no longer being listed on the public server list. And with no bots..... Thinking maybe UT2k3 server next..... Any suggestions?

How about an Oldie that is still a blast to play... Serious Sam 2.

Let's give the main stay games a rest for a bit, such as Halo, UT & bf1942.

That's my 2 cents.

-- Nem :)

Hehe, speaking of old school, I was half thinking about Unreal (original, not UT) or Duke3D if they have a server client for it yet.... :)