7900 Quad SLI Performance

B.Ob.

Quadtet: Nvidia GeForce 7900 Quad SLI Performance Unveiled

"But quad SLI is not meant to be inexpensive. It is meant to offer something that nothing else can and make owners of such technologies feel like the owners of Ferrari or Lamborghini, luxurious sports cars. Very few people can afford those automobiles and considerably more can acquire less expensive mass-produced sport cars and tune them to performance that is not significantly below the cost of a new Ferrari. Still, being an owner of black Lamborghini should bring a totally different feeling than being an owner of a blue Nissan. The same applies to quad SLI: perhaps, some graphics cards may perform truly well, but the quad should perform faster."

Nvidia Goes For Four: Quad SLI Gaming Dissected

"On a final note, Quad SLI is not for the Do-It-Yourselfer. Nvidia has made this clear, and in a dialogue with Brian Burke, Nvidia PR Manager, Quad SLI will only be available from system integrators such as Falcon Northwest, iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Dell, Alienware, and Widow. This instantly means a markup in cost, as you have to pay for labor, warranties, and addition items. In return you get a fully working system and the ability to sleep at night knowing that there is someone else responsible to fix the system if you play around with it too much. And for $7,000-10,000, you had better fork over the extra for the better warranty..."

Kinda disappointed in above article, a Quad 7900 only got 8908 in 3dMark06 where I top out over 6xxx with just one video card.

*shrug* oh well, its not like I have $$ left after my new system anway...