How to get Music from PS2 games

Nemesis

I'm curious if anyone here knows how to take music tracks off of PS2 games that one would be interested in listening to? They aren't in your typical mp3 or wav format, at least not from what I can find. There have been a # of songs that I would like to pull off those dvd's so I could listen to them in the car. I suppose the same would apply to Gamecube games as well. Any & all input on this is welcome.

-- Nem

The music tracks on PS2 games are proprietary to each developer. Older PS2 and PSone titles use to be simple mp3s or wavs but most now are some original format that you would have to write a program to open and listen to.

Some games are easy to pull the tracks off. EA games like Madden and NFS let you listen to the tracks from a screen in game. I did this with NASCAR cause Satriani did about 11 tracks for the game. I plugged the stereo outputs from the PS2 and plugged them into my mix to my recording pc, played the tracks from the screen ingame and poof. Usually need to be normalized after since they record at a low volume. :blink:

Dragon