Corsair XMS-4400PRO review

Corsair 2GB XMS-4400PRO DDR Memory Kit (quick specs)

Corsair 2GB XMS-4400PRO DDR Memory Kit Pictorial Review!

"Here's a closer look at the ridged surface of the XMS PRO heatspreaders. The ridged design increases the heatspreaders' surface area.

Together with the increased height of the heatspreader, Corsair says the XMS PRO heatspreader has 95% more surface area than standard Corsair XMS heatspreaders.

The greater surface area improves the heatspreader's thermal dissipation, which is useful if you are overclocking and/or overvolting."

"With games like F.E.A.R. demanding 2GB of memory for maximum performance"

WTF? I played through No-F.E.A.R with a GB the first time. with 2Gb I can not "SEE" a difference, unlike BF2 and load times.

"But if you do not have a PC enclosure with a side window, this feature will be nothing more than a side note."

WTF? Can you find me a desent case with out a window now? Oh wait the Antec P180 *drool*

Yeah, I think they meant to mention BF2 instead of FEAR..... :blink:

Speaking of, its been a week and I have not changed my memory settings yet.... I'm a slacker! :snore:

2x1GB DDR Memory Roundup: Corsair, Mushkin and OCZ

"Corsair steals the show here with a no compromise product for those with deep pockets. At £244 they are the most expensive 2GB set on test, but they also offer the highest performance in every single test performed. If your looking for the absolute best and are prepared to pay a premium for them, the Corsair XMS 4400 Pro TwinX are the ones to grab.

Every kit on test has it's good points and so it would be unfair not to recognize each kit on there own merits, so every kit on test gets an award of some form today."