WNY Gamers Club June LAN Event

Good suggestion there WarSpartan, I wouldn't mind seeing FarCry making an appearance again, I even wouldn't mind seeing Battlefield 1942 show its face as well.

FEAR is a cool game, but the boards tend to be too small most of the time & the fragging can get totally nuts after a while.

I like playing Serious Sam 2 alot, multiplayer is a blast, especially when U have the difficulty jacked up.

So U have an interest in RTS games? Try your hand in Lord of The Rings 2: Battle for Middle Earth. MindBender, Mikey, Cyberg0d, some of the others & I really playing it. I know Dragon would like it as well, but his system doesn't seem to be too friendly towards it right now, so he's unable to join us. We could always play LOTR 1, we all were able to play it & it was alot of fun.

I'll be nice to Pursuit & not downplay Q4 too much... it's a good game to play.

Time to head off to work, later all!!

-- Nem

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think of Q4 as a bad game at all. Its great fun too. I wasnt trying to say Q4 or FEAR were bad games - just dropping my input on why i liked BF2 better.

I find that i like to have options and different ways to play the game. Use some strategies or do some cunning tricks and moves and stuff like that. Its probably a throwback to being an RTS junkie. Doing things to put you one step ahead of the other guy, or at least countering them in areas where they are holding an advantage. I like taking advantage of the maps, vehicles, tools, and tactics, as much as pulling the trigger :)

Another thought on it is being able to fight folks on different terms. For example in if someone is totally owning for whatever reasons in the run and gun game, and you just cant quite overcome whatever they are doing, then you can switch gears and fight them on different terms. Go sniper and pick them off at distance. Use parts of the map for stealth attacks and ambushes. When you observe thier patterns you can set yourself up to cut off some things they might normally do. Lots of players do predictable things, theres nothing more fun than turning that against them B) You can C4 thier camping spots, arty them even. You can counter what vehicles they use with the proper counter measures. You can bait them to certain areas then frag em. And of course you can hop in the vehicles for speed, firepower, and armor. Theres usually a counter to everything.

Or if you simply get tired of running and gunning and want to do something different for a bit - lots of options. But you're still in the game and contributing and exacting your pound of flesh or supporting the team and its objectives. Lots of ways to find fun in the game. I like that.

------------

RTS wise i havent really played them since C&C Zero Hour. I could give BFME a try. I dont have a copy though. However its ez enough to play online if we want with "demo" B) copies. Be warned though Im a pretty dandy RTS gamer :) Or at least i was, lol, i might be too muddled by the FPS to be competent anymore, lol.

------------

Mmmmmm Far Cry...drools, lol.

BF2 = cheap points.

Nah, just with bots, which is the case for most games that have bots.

/me wishes all bots were at least at the level the bots were in the original UT...

Like Bob said - dont play with the bots B)

If im not mistaken thats the first time we had them going for a formal lan there. Just trying out the features of the new patch. We always used to multiplay with all humans which rocked too.

Besides even with the bots in the game I always find its much more satisfying and fun when you hunt the other humans playing :evil: You take out the bots to keep them from taking you out first - or when you have to seriously defend a flag to try to win or stay in the match.

That last round we played saw a bunch of bots clustering on one flag. I ignored them and was hunting and fighting the other humans ;) A group of us were constantly fighting for control of the building flag while the bots smacked each other around, lol. We put them in to "hopefully make the game more interesting and active". If that wasnt achieved for you we can run some rounds without them next time.

If we play BF 1942 next time will it be straight up bf1942 or with the DC mod ? I havent played either game in forever.