Abit AN7

B.Ob.

Good review here

Abit's product link

Looks to be a NF7-S with their uGuru chip added. Ripped from Abit's site: "ìGuru is a new microprocessor designed by the ABIT Engineers for use only on ABIT motherboards. ìGuru combines the ABIT Engineered features ABIT EQ, ABIT FanEQ, ABIT OC Guru, ABIT FlashMenu, ABIT AudioEQ and ABIT BlackBox into a user-friendly interface providing users the perfect environment with which to maximize performance and stability."

A lot of nice features...I would need more than that t upgrade though :P

Compared to what I have now, those "features" are more than enough to allow me to get that as a new Motherboard. Of course the problem I would face from that point would be, "do I need a newer chip"? YES, of course I would. Then I would more than likey grab a sata hard drive & another stick of ram in the process. Ah, the joys of "wanting" to get new parts & "not" being able to get nada right now thanx to not enough $$$ :(

-- Nem

Ask Santa for a $500 gift certificate to NewEgg :)

Why do that when I can just order the pieces I need thru pricewatch & have $$$ left over to spend on more parts. Doing it MY way would let me get some ram with it as well. As it stands, I'll be upgrading some parts of PC in March, possibly late Feb of 2004.

-- Nem

Now the question is should I upgrade to an AMD64 bit system OR just stick w/ the 32 bit system for now??

-- Nem

Your system is fine... a new vid card would be nice, but thats all that is really necessary. If you were single, then I'd say shoot the works!

Now the question is should I upgrade to an AMD64 bit system OR just stick w/ the 32 bit system for now??

-- Nem

Your system is fine... a new vid card would be nice, but thats all that is really necessary. If you were single, then I'd say shoot the works!

I agree, think you would be fine if you upgraded your vid and waited till the AMD64 go down in price.

• 2 weeks later...