Linux does anyone use it. Whats a good distro? Is it easy to install for someone that does not know much about it other than what it is? How stable is it running windows within Linux. , I have heard a lot about Ubuuntu.

FreeBSD works quite nicely!! Esp if your running a web server, etc. Not to sure on the GUIs for it thou, or windows compatibility. If you run any type of sever, FreeBSD is where its at!!!

Have you used Kubuntu? Kubuntu Flight 6 ReleasedWed, 29 Mar 2006

The 6th testing CD for Kubuntu Dapper has been released. It includes KDE 3.5.2 and Amarok 1.3.9. Also interesting in universe is network-manager-kde for network configuration and Kerry, the KDE frontend to search tool Beagle.

What is the difference between KDE and Gnome?

I liked Suse (9.1 and 9.2) with KDE when I ran it. Actully was thinking of installing it on systems I sold to cut the price down for Customers. Had a browser, email, office suit and an all-in-one IM client that are all included in the install. Not much more ppl need and it would save them $100 to $150, but everyone has wanted windows and likes to spend money I guess.

What is the difference between KDE and Gnome?

They are different GUI's that are available for most flavors of unix linux. Probably want to just take a look at some screen shots of each and see what looks more logical to you, as that will probably be the one your more comfortable with.

Also keep in mind, to dig into any unix/linux, you really have to use the command line, the GUI will not expose all the features to you.