6.3 Catalyst for Oblivion

B.Ob.

Beta 6.3 Catalyst for Oblivion

This special driver is provided to enable additional functionality for Oblivion. Specifically this driver will:

1. Permit High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDR) concurrently with Anti-Aliasing (AA) on RADEON X1000 series graphic boards

2. AFR mode for CrossFire (2 GPU’s)

Known issues:

1. SuperAA with CrossFire in HDR mode is not enabled. If you have SupperAA enabled you will get the quality and performance of one card as opposed to two.

2. Rendering issues with grass shadows

3. On an ATI Radeon X1600XT CrossFire configuration, the game may intermittently crash if the resolution is set higher than 1600x1200

4. On an ATI Radeon X1900 series card, the game may crash while task-switching between the desktop and game (alt-tab).

ATI's ninja programmer, 'Chuck', speaks about Oblivion driver

"HEXUS: Bethesda said it'd take significant reengineering of the PC version that'd delay the game by months at best, hence why it couldn't be supported. So, have you invented time travel or what?

Chuck @ ATI In a way. When I first read that Oblivion wouldn't initially support HDR+AA, I was shocked and disappointed. Like everyone else, I was really looking forward to the stunning graphics in Oblivion and I wanted to turn on all the bells and whistles and see what it could do on the X1900. I knew that I could actually do something to get HDR+AA working for end users right away, so I went to work on a driver patch. I'll give you more details later."