OC'n x2 3800+

B.Ob.

That would make sense, since the smaller cache usually helps it OC farther. I'm actually surprised dual cores OC as well as they do, considering you can only OC as far as the worst of the 2 cores will let you.

Im 875MHz oc'd with Opty 165...air-cooled.

For the layman reading that is 2.675GHz, which is slightly higher than the top of the line FX-60.

Im 875MHz oc'd with Opty 165...air-cooled.

True, I am water cooled but I got my XP 2400+ Mobile 1.8Ghz Stock running 2.45Ghz with no issue on a Typhoon air cooled for serveral years, the voltage is way higher and the temps are still about the same as my x2 3800+

AMD Athlon FX-60 vs. X2 3800+ - Game Performance Compared

"Today we are going to compare the FX-60 and X2 3800+ against each other. We know now that the FX-60 is going to be the faster processor but what we want to have a look at how much extra performance we get, from such an expensive processor."

Good read. I especially enjoyed this part:

if you’re running a 19” LCD that only does 1280 x 1024, you’re just throwing money down the drain.

I set all my games to 1600x1200 now. The FEAR test listed a minimum fps of 61 for me at this res.

if you’re running a 19” LCD that only does 1280 x 1024, you’re just throwing money down the drain.

Think they mean if you are running 7900GTX's in SLI mode. Has nothing with throwing money down on a monitor, but more to do with buying 2 7900GTX cards as being the waste of money if you are not going to run higher resolutions.