PS3 Will be out this year!!!

Nemesis

Sony has finally decided to make it official & let the world know when to expect the PS3, check out the following link for further details...

PS3 Release Date

BTW, just in case U miss it, this is going to be a World Wide Release!!

Will Sony be able to pull this off? Will Sony be able to put Microsoft to shame w/ the way they handle the release of the PS3 & it's game line-up? Will Dragon ever find a way to play Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 on his new PC anytime soon? The answers to all of these exciting questions will be answered when I get around to it :P

-- Nem :blink:

Sony has finally decided to make it official & let the world know when to expect the PS3, check out the following link for further details...

PS3 Release Date

BTW, just in case U miss it, this is going to be a World Wide Release!!

Will Sony be able to pull this off?  Will Sony be able to put Microsoft to shame w/ the way they handle the release of the PS3 & it's game line-up?  Will Dragon ever find a way to play Lord of the Rings:  Battle for Middle Earth 2 on his new PC anytime soon?  The answers to all of these exciting questions will be answered when I get around to it  :P

-- Nem  :blink:

PS3 Worldwide Release in November - well, that certainly gives them plenty of time, as I'd hate to see them miss another Xmas selling season.

Saw this elsewhere,,, not sure how much it helps, but being a gigabit-person myself, I found this interesting: "Users can also connect PS3 to high-speed broadband network through Gigabit Ethernet"

Let's hope Sony can do it, the PS2 and Xbox 360 launch leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I also heard it will launch for a min. of $425 but most people are saying it will be closer to $500.

The Xbox 360 also has a gigabit NIC, I doubt the PS3 will have 2 of them.

I've been reading alot of stuff about the PS3 and a major problem is trying to get everything to fit in the case they have, so just to keep it down in size and cost it should only be 1 nic.

I see no reason for them to use 2 nic's anyways, originally they planned it to also act as a router and have 3 ethernet ports but that feature was scrapped because of size and cost.

Another major problem for Sony I think will be having a good launch line up of games, Xbox 360 had the same problem(it had a good amount of games 16-18 but it didn't have the killer app game mostly all ports and sequels)

I guess we will see but if you have any interest in getting at launch I would try to get on a list ASAP, talked to a manager at EB and they had over a 5 page list already.