The way Im building my next system...

ParoxysM

So I reinstalled Website Watcher last night, bookmarked the top 10 sites that carry the x1900xt, set to check the price every 10 minutes and to email me @ work/home if it changes. This program is very useful if you're into the refurbs @ newegg as that stuff get snapped up fairly quickly. Bought my current video card and motherboard that way, saved about $110 and lasted 3 years.

I plan to do this for the ideal RAM, motherboard, case, etc. Will be looking at Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe, 2x1G XMS or OCZ RAM, 2x hdd (Raptor 150G and WD 250G or more), 600W PSU, etc.

Please list any suggestions as some of you guys research hardware all day every day, :dork:

That m/b while having the chipset I was looking at, is kinda steep. I was hoping for an Abit or DFI version shortly. Sadly, when the new amd socket comes out, the Opteron's will not share the same socket with the 64 series.... :o

Also, 600w p/s ? why... ? If you do crossfire/sli, you'd be best to stick with a p/s that SLI certified!!

Here is the Abit version: Abit AT8 32X

I don't like the layout of the Abit quite as much as the Sapphire.

Still no word on the DFI one yet.... :o