How much is too much? HD that is.

Sacred

How much HD space is too much? I am thinking about getting a new harddrive but how do you know what will be big enough. at some of the e-tailers a 300 Gb hd goes for between 105.00 and 134.00. Woulld 300 Gb be enough space or should I go for more.

How much HD space is too much? I am thinking about getting a new harddrive but how do you know what will be big enough. at some of the e-tailers a 300 Gb hd goes for between 105.00 and 134.00. Woulld 300 Gb be enough space or should I go for more.

That all REALLY depends upon what U have planned for it. If U plan on downloading large files non-stop & play LOTS of games, U may need a bigger drive. If not, then it'll be fine.

-- Nem

You can't have to much HD space. If you have SATA, then go that route and you'll be sure you can use it with your next PC. Oh, what size do you have now and are you running out of space? The reason I ask, as a DVD-DL burner or more RAM might be a better choice if your not hurting for space.

I have 2 Harddives. 1 is almost 4 years old though, 40 Gb drive. The new one is a 160 Gb Seagate drive I divided up 20 Gb partition had OS and a few other programs 10.5 Gb is free. The other partition 16.6 Gb is free but I still have to install Bf 2 on it. The 40 Gb drive is very loud high pitch sound. I do have a 2 month old dvd burner Ben-Q 1640 very nice drive. The 40 GB wd I want to replace. My board does have SATA. Is Sata reliable can you boot with SATA.

My regular dvd drive started acting flaky. It doesn't recognize the CD or dvd if it is already in drive on boot but will if I open and close. Thinking about getting a more up to date dvd drive.

Suddenly my 400G HD doesn't feel as big as it used too....

Seagate unveils new 1-inch 12GB microdrive

Seagate Technology on February 20 unveiled its ST 1.3 Series, the company’s newest 1-inch microdrive that has a 12GB storage capacity with availability slated for the third quarter of this year.

Back to the subject of the thread.... It sounds like Sacred is in need of more HD space. Watch the sales, you should be able to pick up a 250G for pretty cheap.