What Resolution

Sacred

Really depends on personal taste. Some will cry a rug if their frame rate drops under 60. My old monitor would let me play up to 1920 x 1440, but the only time I tried that rez was when I had a Voodoo3 card and the original Unreal game. My current LCD tops out at 1280 x 1024, which I like to play RTS' at, but a FPS or driving game I usually put at 1024 x 768. Even thou the LCD has to interpolate up to its native rez, I don't really notice unless I'm motionless staring at a wall.

Granted this is from someone who has just a 9800 PRO 128 for a video card currently.

Nice thing that you have an uber video card now, if your screen limits you to a certain rez, you can crank up the AA and AF to where it will look like a higher rez, when it is not.

I don't think my screen will limit me at all. I have a mammoth 21 inch flat panel lcd. I don't think I will be bringing that to the lan. Its huge. I have a 17 innch just sitting aroung. I usually play game at the res just below 1280x764 I think its something like 1152x864. Yes it is a nice card I needed it.

I don't think my screen will limit me at all.

All LCD have a native res!

I have a mammoth 21 inch flat panel lcd.
I  usually play game at the res just below 1280x764  I think its something like 1152x864.   Yes it is a nice card I needed it.

You have a 21" LCD and play in 1152 * 864? Would think that would come out looking like striaght up crap!

21" LCDs usually have a native rez of 1600x1200, so if the upscaling bothers you, 800x600 should work out perfect. The older the monitor is, probably the worse their upscaling algorithm is (in the monitor).

Since you have uber card, find out for sure what the native rez of your LCD is and run your games at that, or at least the max rez of your CRT, so when you switch, you don't have to change anything.

forgive me I should not have used LCD.  I have a 21 inch flat screen CRT.  its huge.  1152 * 864  is actually a very nice rezz for playing games.  Guild Wars is fantastic.  I hear AoE 3 has some awesome graphics.

No biggy on the CRT thing I thought 1152 * 864 was an odd size for an LCD. I run my MAG and Optiquest 17" (CRT) at that res. My Samsung (CRT) and CMV (LCD) 19" I run at 1280 * 1024 and my 21" (CRT) at work @ 1600 * 1200 res.

AOE III was an awesome game, finished single player in about 15 hours as per xFire, but I would double that as I do not think xFire was on the whole time I played through it. It has some really decent game play and really nice graphics but nothing to write home about. Next LAN Mickey, Jeff or I can show it to you. Have to see if they want to do a game up also, as I have not had much multi player experience with it.