One in three parents plays video games

PurSuiT

One in three parents plays video games! Survey says most share the experience with their children

"The average "gamer parent" spends 19 hours a month playing video games, and spends roughly half that time playing alongside kids, the survey found."

"Kids are going to play what they want to play, and parents are better off getting involved instead of sitting on the sidelines"

"...about two of every three parents surveyed agreed it is not the role of the government to protect kids from violent games."

is that study saying, that parents should take an active role in their kids activities? woah... what a ground breaking eather shattering idea. Maybe some parents will understand that when a video game has a icon_m.gif rating that they shouldn't purchase it for their kid, or even teach them that life does not have a reset button... you can't do x, x, l1, l2, y, O,r1, r2 and make the cops go away.

Wow. I thought I was the only wierd one.

Other survey findings: The typical gamer parent is 37, and almost half the group are women

Of course I don't play games as much as I use to. The kids kinda took over the PC.

Hmmm wait a second, I just got a new one didn't I!? And what's this? Two games sitting on my desk in their boxes never opened? :cheer:

The numbers are skewed as they only surveyed parents under 40 years old (which 60% of them probably had an Atari).

The woman's number would be much lower in the Sims was never created.

We have 2 console systems in my house. The kids play maybe 10 hours a month if that, I play 1 hour.

I truly enjoy sitting down w/ my kids & hammering away at games with them & they love having me there w/ them. Now, maybe it's me BUT I do tend to regulate the playtime they have, afterall, I wouldn't want them to end up like their gaming fanatic father B)

I think gaming w/ kids is a great way to watch over what they are doing. Of course, nothing in my house gets played w/o my say so, especially w/ all these wonderful games out there that feel the need to have too much blood, gore, sex & language. My oldest son & I like to play not only on the consoles, but on my lan as well. Good stuf!!!

Now, if Sony would ONLY hurry up & get that PS3 out, life would be that much better!!

-- Nem