ATI x1900 family

This hit yesterday, but I was busy trying to read these all....

Hexus.net

Toms Hardware

Anand Tech.com

Beyond3D

HardOCP

For those that would like a more indepth talk with ATI on the x1900 series: R580 Architecture Interview

"If you look at apps such as 3dmark05, FEAR, D3/Q4, and many new upcoming titles, you'll see that the RV530 often doubles (or more) the performance against RV515, at the same clock. Same is true for X1900 vs X1800. Having said that, if you're running older apps, yes, the extra shaders might not benefit you as much, but again, we designed these parts for an excellent performance on current games, and an even better performance on the newest and upcoming games. It's a forward looking design."

• 3 weeks later...

For those that might have a new x1xxx series video card, you MUST try these out!!

Radeon X1K Real-Time Demos

Runs totally AWESOME on a x1600XT!

====================

Also, for those looking to OC the new cards.... look here:

Overclocking tool for R5xx

X1900 XT/XTX Roundup: A Closer Look at the Performance Leader in Graphics

"Today, we'll be looking at five different X1900's (XTs and XTXs) to see how well they perform against each other. We have both an XT and an XTX by Sapphire, an XTX from GeCube, and HIS, and finally another XT by PowerColor. These are all quality manufacturers, and we expect to see good performance with each of these cards."

• 1 month later...

Interesting.....

Sapphire Blizzard Radeon X1900 XTX Review

"As its name implies, the Sapphire Blizzard Radeon X1900 XTX is based upon ATI's latest flagship GPU, but instead of featuring a dual-slot heatsinks / fan assembly like ATI's cards, the Blizzard is equipped with a slick, self-contained liquid-cooler that keeps the GPU cool without generating much noise. Sapphire also plans to ship the card pre-overclocked, which will give it a performance advantage over any standard Radeon X1900 XTX that strictly adheres to ATI's reference specifications. Check it out..."

Another review....

Sapphire X1900XTX Blizzard

"The X1900XTX Blizzard is set to hit Newegg the 4th week of April and will be $539 USD. Currently, the Sapphire air cooled X1900XTX is in the $500 USD range at Newegg, and the 7900GTX can be had for $500 - $550 depending on the brand."

ATI Radeon X1900 GT Leaked

"There is a new Radeon X1900 series graphics card waiting in the wings. According to internal documents, ATI is set to release a single-slot Radeon X1900 GT with 36 pixel shaders. The card is in effect, a cut-down version of the Radeon X1900 XTX and is positioned to go toe-to-toe with NVIDIA's popular GeForce 7900 GT in performance and in price. CrossFire support can be enabled with an external cable connection to a Radeon X1900 512MB CrossFire Edition graphics card."

Radeon X1900 GT Radeon X1900 XTX

Pixel Shaders 36 48

Core Clock 575MHz 650MHz

Memory Size 256MB 512MB

Memory Clock 600MHz/1.2GHz

775MHz/1.55GHz

ok, I need to step in here as bob has been replying to himself way to long on this thread.  :(  :dork:  :flush:  :rotfl:  :bob:

You would think some one just got a new x1900XTX?!?!?! or some thing!?!?!?!

So its an informational thread. I'm fine with that...

Since were talking about x1900's....

HIS X1900XTX IceQ3 Dual DL-DVI VIVO 512MB PCIe

I wonder how long til the cooler on this becomes available from Arctic Cooling. As I know Dragon, myself & I'm sure others are looking for a quieter solution for their x1900 that kicks the heat out a slot, unlike any current 3rd party solution.

better picture of it here: HIS has an Iceq 3 cooler for X1900 cards

• 3 weeks later...

As I've lived with this card (Sapphire x1900XTX 512), I must say besides a brief few seconds at boot, I NEVER hear this card. Not even when I can feel considerable heat kicking out the back of it. Hmmmm, guess its time to shut down the systems on either side of it and find out how loud my new system and the 120's I have in it really are....