ATI Catalyst 5.13 drivers release...

Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP drivers

The Catalyst® software suite 5.13 introduces full support for the HQV DVD Benchmark. These driver tweaks provide a better DVD image quality, and higher benchmark scores.

The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

* F.E.A.R: Slow game performance is no longer noticed when using CrossFire. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21270

* The Video Preview no longer fails to change to its default settings when swapping the display mappings using the Catalyst® Control Center. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21174

* Attempting to stretch the display horizontally using the Catalyst® Control Center, no longer results in the horizontal stretch mode failing to be applied unless the display is stretched vertically first. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21175

* The PowerPlay™ option found in the Catalyst® Control Center no longer defaults to the enabled state after initial install of the display driver for systems containing an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series product. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21180

* Auto-detect no longer fails to be applied as the default setting for the Deinterlacing option when first entering the Video aspect page of the Catalyst® Control Center. Currently the option is set as Weave. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21185

* Catalyst® Control Center: Attempting to extend the desktop display when using a CRT, TV and DFP display devices no longer results in display corruption being noticed on the primary display adapter. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20982

* Attempting to set the CRT as the primary display device after hot-plugging a DFP display device and enabling extended desktop mode, no longer results in the CRT failing to be set as the primary. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21269

* Catalyst® Control Center: Entering the Overdrive™ aspect and changing the GPU setting to 509 and the memory setting to 505 no longer results in color corruption and the Windows XP operating system rebooting. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21229

Those just got releases a couple days ago. You might be thinking of the 5.12's. As I know PurSuiT put the 5.12's on his sytem. Also, there were stories regarding the 5.13's roughly a week before they came out on Anandtech and FiringSquad's website.

You sent me this on the 22nd at work, I told ya I downloaded and installed them on the 21st the day they were release and that you were alittle late on telling me. Damn stop making stuff up. I was just pointing out that you are slacking dude on your drivers and patches news.

cattime.jpg

ATI Catalyst Drivers of 2005 - The Ultimate Analysis!

"This is the most ultimate ATI Catalyst article ever to be published and we are going to show you why at the end of a lot of our reviews that revolve around ATI cards we put ATI DRIVER SUPPORT as a pro. We will see where that X850XT of yours was sitting in January and where it sits now as we quickly reach the end of 2005.

What we can tell you is though it’s nice to write an intro to the Catalyst article that can be expanded from more then - another month has came and another set of Catalyst arrives in our inbox. This is an exciting article and it gives you an idea of why you buy an ATI product because they are behind you 100% with constant driver updates."

I thought the best part of the 5.13 drivers, at least if you have a x1xxx series card, was the AVIVO acceleration.

But is looks like you have to PAY for the ATI H.264 DxVA Decoder or use the trial version.

Shame on ATI for not making this free for everyone!!! Even if nVidia is charging for PureVideo also, this was a chance for ATI to show they are better.....