worth the extra $$$??

primetime3wise

I have more money that I expected to have to spend on my next system (too bad, eh?).

anyway, what's ppl's opinions on maybe dropping the extra $$$ to go with a amd64 x2 chip vs. amd64? both are socket 939 so I could upgrade down the line, or just drop the cash now. There are some pretty nice deals on pricewatch for mobo/cpu/ram combos. I just don't know if the price difference is worth it.

I'll def. be picking up a nice pci-e video card, like I said, dunno if I should splurge on a chip, specifically an amd64 x2 3800.

kevin

Do the cpu upgrade later when they are MUCH cheaper... Spend the xtra cash now for 2 Gigs of RAM!!! For example, BF2 is painfully slow to load with just 1 gig of ram, I upgraded to 1.5gig and its much better, but 2 gig is the best spot for games right now!!!

If you want a x2, grab the 3800+, its quite overclockable with a good hsf on it. But if you only have $$ for one or the other, get the xtra RAM!!!

yea, the more i thought about it, I figured I won't get the x2, maybe just a little better cpu than jay listed in the other forum. i'll spend more on ram and a better video card, as they are almost, if not equally, important. the cpu will be socket 939 so it's easily upgradeable.

thx for the input bob,

kevin