BlueGears HDA X-Mystique 7.1 Gold

Here's a couple of reviews I ran across, It's great to see a new soundcard with dolby digital live! One of my biggest complaints about moving to the Athlon 64 platform is the lost of my nvidia soundstorm MCP sound. While I have an audigy2 zs which has been good but never really compared to the dobly digital live sound from the digital output of the soundstorm for games, music and movies. I have the same speaker setup as B.ob. the logitech z680's and have ordered one of these soundcards(which should be in tomorrow and i will update with my impressions). Oh in the first review they complain about 2 driver bugs which have already been fixed with driver updates. Also there's 3 places that I know of that carry this soundcard -- NewEgg, Xoxide and FrozenCPU -- all are the same price with about the same cost for shipping but FrozenCPU you will end up having to pay taxes. Xoxide's standard ground shipping gets here in 2-3days as they are in PA(so either newegg or xoxide will get here in the same amount of time and cost about the same). If i like this soundcard which i'm sure i will I'll be selling my audigy 2 zs retail for $50 I still have all the manuals and box plus it came with 2 full games tomb raider-angel of darkness and rainbow six 3 raven shield so if interested just PM me.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/x-mystique/index.shtml

http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=hdax-mystique1

Sweeeet!!!! Looking forward to see how you like the card!!!

I see its a 7.1 card.... or 7.1 capable... Let us know how you like it!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally back with a review of the card, not a full one but at least a short break down of my feelings about this card.

right now i would give it a 5 of 10, the sound quality on most stuff is really good but the support and drivers right now are very sub-par!!! I'm having alot of trouble getting my ati tv tuner card working with it and trying to get answers right now is next to impossible. I've sent them 3 emails over the past 2 weeks and haven't gotten 1 reply. I've seen afew people in various forums having problems with ati cards and this soundcard. There are some driver issues with certain games and this card for some reason GTA:SA has a weird bug whenever it rains all others sounds stop until rain stops, very weird never happened w/ audigy 2zs. BF 2 keeps crashing when i enable hardware mixing for some reason but i know other soundcards have same issue so probably just the game. Music, movies and most games sound awesome, still have to install doom3 which is suppose to be amazing with this card. Hopefully most of the issues i'm having should be able to be fixed w/ driver updates. I will post a better/full review when i have a chance, been crazy for me lately because i'm a new daddy. Me and my wife just had a little girl on 7/13/05 named Jordan Eve, 7lbs1oz 20.5inches long. Both mother and baby are happy and heathly so no worries there.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! ;)

They give any time table for driver updates for the card?

• 3 weeks later...
CONGRATZ on the new addition to the family!! How long b4 U begin the brainwashing to make her a gamer?!?!

-- Nem B)

HeHe, sry for the late reply, been kinda of crazy for me lately. and an answer for you Nem. ASAP lol!!! Thx for the support you guys.

Update on the soundcard support mess I had to deal with, I was trying to contact HDA's support with no luck. I finially just started contacting Blue Gears instead and got a reply from them within a couple of hours and had the issue fixed within 48 hours on my tv tuner card issue. Still having minor glitches with GTA:SA but they did tell me how to get BF2 working better. I'm not sure how soon the new drivers will be out but my contact with bluegears is suppose to email me as soon as he knows. So my early review of 5 out of 10 has changed to an 8 out of 10. And i feel alot better about the card now but wouldn't recommend unless you really wanted dolby digital live(which is awesome if your speaker system supports it)

CONGRATZ on the new addition to the family!!  How long b4 U begin the brainwashing to make her a gamer?!?! 

-- Nem  B)

HeHe, sry for the late reply, been kinda of crazy for me lately. and an answer for you Nem. ASAP lol!!! Thx for the support you guys.

Update on the soundcard support mess I had to deal with, I was trying to contact HDA's support with no luck. I finially just started contacting Blue Gears instead and got a reply from them within a couple of hours and had the issue fixed within 48 hours on my tv tuner card issue. Still having minor glitches with GTA:SA but they did tell me how to get BF2 working better. I'm not sure how soon the new drivers will be out but my contact with bluegears is suppose to email me as soon as he knows. So my early review of 5 out of 10 has changed to an 8 out of 10. And i feel alot better about the card now but wouldn't recommend unless you really wanted dolby digital live(which is awesome if your speaker system supports it)

Glad to hear it is working better for you!!! BF2 just have performance issues, or sounds missing, or something else?

BF2 will lock up if you have hardware mixing and eax on at the same time, you can have one or the other but not both. But i've read alot of different soundcards suffer from that so i can't really blame the card to much and bluegears said they are working on the issue and hopefully will have a driver update soon with a fix. GTA:SA problem is when it rains all other sound go away until after the rain stops, not that big of a deal, I already beat the game twice so I haven't been playing much anymore so no big deal.