Halo For Pc

• 2 weeks later...
Its out, here and ready for action. Well, almost, they have a small patch v1.01 already available for ya here.

Main page from author: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/

As a word of CAUTION, there is a HOAX like patch/crack file out for Halo that anyone who is using a copied version of the game, it will capture info about YOU & pass it onto the powers that be to NAIL you. So be CAREFUL of what U put on your PC regarding this game.

--> I am in NO way endorsing pirated games with my above statement, I just wanted to educate everyone on the issue @ hand, that's all <--

-- Nem :(

Curious, I was reading here an interterview with Gearbox about PC performance issues.

I love the statement: "The thing we didn't anticipate is that players would use the timedemo feature to report what kind of frame rate they were getting in the game."

Hello, McFly!!! That just seems completely lame, but whatever. The game is out and has been patched twice already.

2 patches already?!?! Wow. I just got done beating the game 2 days ago w/ just but 1 patch applied to it. I haven't been following the news of what these Patches do. Do they actually help to improve things like "framerates" or just help to fix "bugs" here & there within the game? Are they truly something I should look for?

-- Nem

I installed this yesterday and it totally b0rqed my computer. It made me update to DX9.0b from 9.0a and messed up my Omega drivers (Rad 9700 Pro Ult). I lost all textures in Halp and BF. After reinstalling/reconfiguring the video drivers, Halo was still messed up, but BF was fine. I might reinstall Halo tonight if I feel ambitious.

Ouch, that sucks.... the DirectX upgrade didn't have that affect on my machine, but mine was installed fresh just a few weeks ago. Actually still have BF to install yet..... :(