Nvidia Vs Ati

B.Ob.

Spoken like a true gentleman..... with a cleaver in your head.... ;)

Seen some nasty rumors about the GeForce FX 5800 Ultra (you know, the 2 slot card cause of that heat pipe and blower combination on it) might not make it to market.... Guess well know by this time next month...

I am a complete NVIDIA freak and supporter. I even own a couple of shares of stock, just for the hell of it. I personally think that the Geforce FX is just something that they threw out there to quiet down the ATI freaks for a little while. I think they're working on something else better, and I am personally going to wait until then next card they come out with after the FX. Oh...and.....MY MOM AGREES TOO!!

Gix

• 2 months later...

That just goes to show U how "committed" ATi driver developers are to what they are doing. With every release of their Drivers, things simply keep getting better. Till about 2 years ago, ATi's driver releases haven't been what one would call "encouraging". That was 2 yrs ago though & they have done a complete turnaround now & are back in the thick of things w/ nVidia. ATi's hardware has always been top notch but they have suffered from the lack of stable drivers to make it work like it should. THAT's not the issue anymore & nVidia is all to aware of that fact now. I love healthy competition in the video card market. As it stands, my $$$ lyes on the ATi bandwagon w/o any hestitation. That's my 2 cents :o

-- Nem

PurSuiT, any thoughts of trying to turn the 9500PRO into a 9700?