PS3 Network down

Nemesis

As we all know, due to a recent Cyber-Attack on the PSN, it has been down for 3 weeks BUT is now starting to see signs of life.

When U fire up your PS3 tonite, you will be required to download a new firmware, v3.61, in order to connect to the PSN. Once installed, you will be forced to change your password on the PS3 that you are normally active on for your PSN acct. That part isn't working yet but the firmware update is. It should be active sometime tonite as Sony is rolling out the new PSN across the nation one state at a time. Click on this LINK to see all the details.

-- Nem

The PSN is now back up, well mostly that is... such services as Friends List, Online Gameplay, Home, Music & Video are working again. The PSN Store is still offline & will be back soon.

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

Sony's PSN is back in all it's glory EXCEPT for the PSN Store. It was originally slated for return on 5/24/11 BUT as we all know Sony isn't always the best when it comes to following through on given timelines. I know when I first heard of this pending date, I was very confident that they wouldn't pull through on it & I was right. I don't know if this is just wrong but I actually laughed pretty hard when I saw Sony officially state that the return of the PSN has been delayed yet again.

Sony's latest statement is now that the PSN Store will be back before the end of May. I'm just hoping this means the end of May 2011 & not 2012 or beyond!! B)

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed InFAMOUS & Dead Nation as my free games.

Have U played the demo for InFAMOUS 2 yet? It's wicked sweet. There's other demo's out that your should check out as well.

There's so many AWESOME games coming out this year... my wallet is cringing just thinking about it.

-- Nem

Everything is fully restored ... hopefully it'll last this time.

-- Nem

Did you pick your free games yet? If so what did you get?

-Tec

I know about the wallet thing, mine ran away! Too many games,and not enough $$

I grabbed InFAMOUS & Dead Nation as my free games.

Have U played the demo for InFAMOUS 2 yet? It's wicked sweet. There's other demo's out that your should check out as well.

There's so many AWESOME games coming out this year... my wallet is cringing just thinking about it.

-- Nem

Everything is fully restored ... hopefully it'll last this time.

-- Nem

Did you pick your free games yet? If so what did you get?

-Tec