[Newegg]SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5830 1GB for 129.99

scaz

After using both a 6850 1GB and now a 6970 2GB I am not sure I would touch anything in the 58xx range unless it was the high end. Eyefinity on the 5830 is no good if you are only running 2x AF and 2x AA, 6850 @ 5760 * 1080 will do 8x AA and 8x AF and the card is only $30 more. As far as single display @ 1920 * 1080, my 4870 1GB beats out the 5830 1GB. ...and remeber you NEED an ACTIVE DISPLAY PORT Adaptor ($35) to hook up anything to the DP Ports and on that 5830 the HDMI and DVI are connected so you can only have one or the other connected, not sure what good Eyefinity is with only 2 monitors.

6850 1GB $159.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

Come out to the LPE as I will have 2 Eyefinity 3 Monitor setups to show off. :)

great-motivators-13.jpg

Come out to the LPE as I will have 2 Eyefinity 3 Monitor setups to show off. :)

Oh I will be there! I actually found a guy on criags list selling a reference 5850 that blows away my 4870. I can't afford 3 montiors right now, but I could afford a small boost in perfomace. Plus I like the reference design where the cards push hot air out of the case.

I didn't know the 5830 was such a jump back in performace. I know that two 4870s usally do better than a 5850, but I hate any drop in frame rates that comes with cross fire.