LAN69 Version 2.0 - codenamed Memorial Day

Celebrate the Memorial Day weekend with LAN69 version 2.0, a adult-only (18+) LAN party in Lockport, New York.  LAN69, ran formerly as 1337lan, now has a new venue - in JonnyFunFun's heated and insulated garage large enough to seat approximately 25 gamers, plus the opportunity to set up a very large tent attached to the front of the garage to fit additional gamers if necessary.  The LAN will run the last weekend in May from Friday night to Sunday night.  Food, in the form of pizza, will be provided as well as basic drinks (like water and pop).  Alcohol is allowed at the party, but you must bring your own - we won't supply it for you!

Tournaments will be announced at a later date, but rest assured there will be tournaments and there will be prizes to win!

Pre-registration cost (made payable via PayPal) is $20, at-the-door cost is $30.

There are only 20 spots available for pre-registration. These 20 seats are guaranteed entry and a spot at the LAN. In the event that we have an overwhelming response to the LAN, we will be able to expand and seat additional people who show up at the door, but this is not confirmed yet. If you do not pre-register a spot and decide to show up at the door, you will only gain entry if there is enough seating unless we decide to set up a giant tent off the front of the garage!

Where's this party at?

6969 Northview Drive

Lockport, New York 14094

When's the party?

Friday May 28th, 2010 at 7:00PM to Sunday May 30th, 2010 at 8:00PM

What do you need to bring?

• Your computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals you use to game.
  • Any CD's and DVD's you need for your games.
  • A comfortable chair if you do not wish to sit in a cheap plastic one.
  • Snacks and drinks, bring your own alcohol if you wish to have some.
  • Your game face

What do we provide?

• The network and network cables
  • Power and plug strips
  • The interwebs
  • The building

What should you not bring?

• An attitude
  • Weapons
  • Illegal substances
  • Anybody who is not an adult

Questions?  Contact Information:

Via E-mail: jonnyfunfun@lan69.com

Via Telephone: (716) 404-9JFF (9533)

Well, it's time for a major update about the LAN. First thing is first - sponsors. So far, our sponsor list has EXPLODED! We currently have Futuremark, Inc., CPU Magazine, Thermaltake, Bawls, as well as some independent game studios that I are just finalizing negotiations with, and a few other hardware manufacturers. Our sponsorship for this LAN has far exceeded my expectations, and we've only been announced for a little over a week!

WE ALSO HAVE A POSTER! That's right fellahs, we have a poster! Check out the super sexiness that has taken up all the I will ever be doing for the world graphically for the next billion years. There is now a link on the sidebar to the poster in both JPG and PDF formats - pick your poison. Print some out, post them around your schools, offices, churches, and get your game face on!

We also have tournaments announced. The first is a Shattered Horizon tournament sponsored by Futuremark, Inc. Prizes are going to include copies of 3DMark Vantage Advance as well as a geForce GTS240 graphics card as a grand prize! We are very excited to have Futuremark as a sponsor, and doubly excited to have Shattered Horizon as a tournament with a good prize package like this.

Other tournaments include Cortex Command, StarCraft, CSS: GunGame, Left 4 Dead 2, Defcon (not on the tournaments page yet, still working out the details), and Team Fortress 2 (also not on the tournaments page yet). The tournaments module has been added to the website, and you can now login, create your teams, and register for the tournaments!

You will also note some updates to the website. There is now a Pay Now button on the "Register" page so that you can easily get back to your link to pre-pay. Currently PayPal's IPN isn't working, however, so I have to update the records paid manually. So if you pay, come back here, and it still says you haven't paid, don't worry - you really have. Testing the IPN is something I plan on doing at a later date, it's not a major deal.

Also, nearly all the tournaments have been listed - go make your teams for them. Feel free to post in the Forums under the "Website Problems" forum if you have any troubles or have any suggestions. As always, this website is a work in progress and your input is always appreciated.

Now, on a more sad note - due to some legal concerns, we are going to have to make this LAN 21 and over, not 18 and over, due to the presence of alcohol. With that being said, if you're under 21 - don't bother. I run this LAN to have fun, I don't run it to get myself in trouble with the lawman.

There has also been some people asking me about our space this time around - we will be using the garage for the prepaid attendees, however we will also be pitching a party tent off the front of the garage so that we can fit more attendees. These spots are not going to be made available for pre-registration, and will be for those that just decide to show up. If we fill the pre-registration spots of 20 before the LAN, I will increase the number of pre-pays and we will include the tent seating in the prepay as well. More details on this to come at a later date.

• 2 months later...

So I just got a prize pack from Crucial the other day - including a nice set of DDR3 memory (2x2gb) - and a bunch of other crap. Along with that we've got some nice stuff from Futuremark, and a game skull from GameSkulls.com.

Also - for those of you who are interested - we will be more than likely testing the LAN file sharing solution I have been writing for the past 2 and a half years. This is the system we intend to use at MassiveLAN.