Netflix To Be Offered On Wii

PurSuiT

Netflix To Be Offered On Wii

The disc for the Wii will be available at no additional cost to Netflix subscribers. Netflix members and Wii console owners can now reserve a disc by going to a website. Once available in the spring, the discs will be delivered for free by first-class mail.

http://www.netflix.com/Signin?nextpage=htt...%3Fdevice%3DWii

When the disc is inserted into a Wii, movie and TV choices will be displayed on the TV screen, organized into categories based on members' personal preferences. Using the Wii Remote™ controller, members will be able to choose a movie or TV episode to watch from their instant Queues or pick one directly from any of the lists.

"Our research shows that 86 percent of all U.S. Wii consoles are located in the living room," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "Soon both new and longtime Wii owners will enjoy the benefits of Netflix – and a variety of informational and entertainment options – by being Netflix members and connecting their consoles to the Internet."

Nintendo is the last of the current-generation of gaming consoles to get Netflix support; Sony's PlayStation 3 has been connected to the movie rental company since November, and Microsoft's Xbox 360 has had support since 2008.

http://cbs4.com/gaming/nintendo.wii.netflix.2.1426584.html

I don't know that I would be all that interested in watching Netflix on my Wii. Lets think about this for a moment.... the Wii doesn't have the Video & Audio power to even match that of the PS3 & 360, no HDMI Interface, it's Internet service isn't all that hot, downright slow @ times & it doesn't offer a HDD. When trying to watch video on the Wii, it's normally a painful experience w/ the constant buffering it's doing & it just doesn't look or sound all that good. Nintendo still hasn't unlocked the DVD player in the Wii, they have it locked out acting like it's just a CD player. I've seen DVD's played on modified Wii's & it's not that impressive. I suppose if U were someone who only has a Wii & it's the most advanced thing in your home, then it may be worth exploring.

That's my 2 cents.

-- Nem

• 5 weeks later...