LAN - 12-27 or 1-3

Hey guys :(

I'd like to have a LAN at my place on either the Dec 27th (just after xmas) or Jan 3rd. Both are saturdays. Or if things are crazy maybe a pair of mini LAN's on those days. I just finished putting in my electrical for the "LAN area", and will have the network set here in a day or two. So I'd like to break it in and see how some LAN's fly.

For any who's comp may be out of commission for whatever reason I do have 2 extra working comps that can be used on LAN days. Nothing fantastic but smooth enough for most of what we play. First call for dibs.

If I get a few interested I'll set the dates and post relevant info.

Let me know and happy holidays :)

Been so busy I did not see this thread until you just post Tecboy. No way I could have made it this past weekend :) to close to the holidays and such, plus with LPE XII coming up on the 17th I got stuff already penciled in for every other weekend January. :( So I will have to pass on this for now.

No worries - I didnt expect much response if any for the 27th there, but tossed it out for the heck of it. The 1-3 coming up I'd love to LAN for those still interested. The weekend is a go as it stands with 4 confirmed so far. I'll keep my ears peeled till Wed / Thurs to get an idea of headcount etc. Sorry you wont be able to make it Henry - theres a nice desk on the one wall which would have fit your server and box comfortably :(

Right now im still mulling over the switch I'd like to get - making my final decision this afternoon as the matter of fact. Power is in, network lines are strung, so just need the core networking toy. I have some 10/100's that will get the gaming done well enough, but definately want a giga for the transfers.

For any that want to chat me up till then you can PM me here or AIM me at BBGameWTH, I have AIM up pretty much all day and will get back to you when I swing by the comp.

Any games you want to see played list em. I'll check whats available before hand to make sure current patches etc all play nice together.

I should be set for this LAN unless everybody decides to show up. Just ordered my switch so with luck will have it by Sat. The wiring is all done as of tonight so thats set. I have tables and chairs for 10 people on top of myself. So looking good.

Tech wise if anyone wants to use an on-hand monitor that can be arranged - I have a couple that im getting ready to take to the office next week, so feel free to burn them in a little. 19" and 22" wides.

I have 2 boxes I can make free as well for anyone who wants to forgoe dragging out thier machine.

Thanks and let me know :)

No worries :) Overall it looks like its a bad weekend for everyone, except a couple at this point. I should have known with all the holiday action, lol. I mean i guessed it, but was hoping a few might be chillin for the holidays with timez to burnz. It does give me time to get the last couple tables and then i'll be 100% for up to 16-18 people without folks having to drag but a few chairs out here.

For added fun'ness I have a 60" big screen TV down here too for those that might want to plug into that in the future. At LANs past I'd let folks use it with the couch and call it the "luxury seat", ha ha. We could always set it up with an "observer" box for games that have that as well.

Now I just need to nab TecBoy's bar and fridge...muwhahahaha.

Okies I know most of you are busy etc, but if any see this on lan day and feel like a ride out give me a call at 693-6171 or AIM me at BBGameWTH and I'll get you the details. Its only gonna be a mini lan at this point based on those confirmed so far - probably 6'ish + depending on who finally arrives.

And of course - Happy New Years :)

Edited by WarSpartan