Virus Found On Computer In Space!

"NASA confirmed on Wednesday that a computer virus was identified on a laptop computer aboard the International Space Station, which carries about 50 computers."

"News that a virus had been identified on the ISS was first reported on Monday by online news site SpaceRef.com, which identified the virus as W32.Gammima.AG worm, malware designed to steal logon information from online gamers."

"It's unlikely that ISS astronauts are playing World of Warcraft in their spare time,"

Think that is what h@x0r3d ParoxysM's steam account. :P

http://www.informationweek.com/news/securi...cleID=210201099

Well we have had ppl plug in at LANs and get a virus right off the bat. I have had computers I am fixing and plug in after I think I got it cleaned, plug into my home network and all my computers beep at once as the AV found a virus. So I run it on every computer I own. :poster_stupid:

• 2 weeks later...

i wouldn't trust just anyones computers to be on my LAN either. If I were going to a LAN party w/ people that I did not know, I too would lock my system down quite well. Then again, if someone decided to start to actively 'attacking ' everyone else would be another issue entirely.

I got a virus at a LAN from Bob one time when he thought he did not need to run AV. Ran a scan on his comp and he had 100s of viruses on the computer and never knew it. From then on he ran AV software. Also how would you every know if you had a virus or not until it is too late if you did not run something?