Global Warming? WTF!

The press always needs to get you frazzled. When I was growing up in the 80's I remember there being lots of hype on Global Cooling and how the north east should have winter snows year round by now. I can not believe how easy it is for ppl to have a complete turn around just cause the press tells you what to believe.

Cover of the June issue of Time Magizne 1974 with a picture of Global Cooling

http://www.charlotteconservative.com/wp-co.../11/cooling.jpg

The achive article from that issue, Monday, Jun. 24, 1974

http://www.junkscience.com/mar06/Time_Anot..._June241974.pdf

"When meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing."

"Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the

waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest. Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F."

"Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round."

"Reid A. Bryson and other climatologists suggest that dust and other particles released into the atmosphere as a result of farming and fuel burning may be blocking more and more sunlight from reaching and heating the surface of the earth."

Hmmmm, Today it is your car exhust making it warming, tomarrow it will be your wife and daugher's hair spray making it cooler.... ...oh wait that was in the 80's. I am just ranting as I have been hearing more and more this summer around the picnic tables and firepits about the Hysteria now give to all of us, wrapped up in a nice little package called Global Warming. Can not wait to see what comes next.

How will warming in the Arctic affect the rest of the world?

Climate change in the Arctic is expected to affect other parts of the world. The melting of ice masses in the Arctic could contribute significantly to global sea-level rise, and the addition of that fresh water to the salty oceans could change global ocean circulation patterns. Arctic tundra also stores huge amounts of carbon, which could be released to the atmosphere during a thaw, further enhancing the greenhouse effect and global warming.