WNY website changes...

Some ideas are being thrown around about the look and content of the site. With it growing (slowly, but surely)...we need more content and style. The main page has already changed from maroon/burgandy/cranberry to blue!! Please post any ideas and/or opinions in this thread.

I would like to see:

1. Pictures taken at every LAN and posted

2. Member list of who attended

3. Game list of what was/will be played

4. Screenshots of the fragged/gibbed

5. More smileys

I would like to see some volunteers to do some of this stuff!

As most of you know I am gone 12+ hours a day or more at work B) therefore my mind is not on working on websites during my time off. Once the new box is complete, (which by the way is closer to being done) I would like to delegate some things out to others.

I was(still am) planning on doing an article on the capacitor replacement that I've had to do on a couple motherboards. At the very least, it will give people an idea of what to look for on their own motherboards to make sure their own is healthy.

My own wish list:

- snappier looking front page and forums (this is a computer site, right?! B) )

- a few people to write articles, reviews, how-to's, etc. (besides myself)

- more traffic, which with the above, I'm sure will come.

I already volunteered to do the site, just wanted some ideas from the peanut gallery...please dont suggest something that will require 2 weeks of flash coding, thx.

P.S. Can I get an acct to upload stuff

Oh, ok.... You didn't reply to my email, so I wasn't sure what was up. I've been looking at other forums software (not to change the subject too much) and neither phpBB nor vBulletin have shown me anything price or feature-wise to get away from the Invision software we already use. UBB Threads is kinda neat, but they are out of our price range.

I guess the site that impresses me the most is 3D Realms'. It's lean, has a little animation to it and uses a simple color scheme.

bobsbrat will get you set up with an acct. Should that info just be PM'd or email'd thru here to ya?

My info on the forum is correct - paroxysm@adelphia.net.

I checked out 3drealms just now. I made a quick mockup last night (4am) and it look eerily similiar (if I spelled that right). I didnt make the graphics, only snagged the one you made, rotated and threw in top frame.

-------------------------------

FRAMES

-------------------------------

Id like to upload what I have to correctly link the graphics/urls and have yous check it out. Then can make appropriate changed from there. Since you are on cable, this will be a fast-loading site with limited graphics. If I knew PhP better, I would've went that route...but it's simple HTML, CSS and JavaScript instead.