What's a shooter everyone would be interested in playing ?

WarSpartan

I've been looking around considering shooters for LANs. Some of the newer ones have been hindered by a lack of LAN support. They end up requiring lots bandwidth to play at a lan due to players having to connect and play through outside servers. More than a handful of players and things can get problematic.

So what are some shooters that people would like to see played or are interested in trying as a regular lan game ? For those of course who still have interest in shooters.

One I tried recently was Breach ... Actually makes for a decent LAN game. Has lan support etc. Online play has a few issues due to bugs.

So throw out some ideas, options, and level of interest. I'd enjoy seeing what people think.

Also if newer shooters just arent worthwhile as a lan feature, lets also expand the idea to include not just newer shooters but any shooters that you'd like to play at a LAN. List you top 3 picks.

Some that are LAN friendly are:

- CoD4 and CoD5

- Far Cry 1 and 2

- Crysis

- BF2 (original or the free to play would be even better, however I dont know if the ftp has lan type support yet)

- Is the FEAR free multiplayer have lan ?

- Team Fortress, I've played almost none of this but is it lan capable ? It's not my style of game but i'd try it.

Bad Company 2 would be great, but its a no LAN game as well. I did hear that there was a private server type setup that allowed you setup a server for LAN play. I havent found it yet. If anyone has this or knows where to grab it let me know. I'd play with that and setup a server for it there was interest.

Enjoy :)

Edited by WarSpartan

FPS games ...

Killing Floor is all about LAN play & the game is ALOT of fun to boot, get it b4 the LPE. It's a Steam Game.

L4D & L4D2 are a blast, especially when on a Super Server, which we're expecting @ the LPE as well.

I haven't played Crysis 2 yet, so I have no idea as to how the LAN play for that is.

Lead & Gold - Gangs of the Wild west, another Steam game, is surprising alot of fun, plays alot like Team Fortress 2, so I would also recommend it.

These are just some of the FPS games we normally play... hope this helps.

-- Nem

Killing floor is a lot of fun to play, it's mostly a co-op game that 6 people can play simultaneously. Has LAN support. I also have the server software for this game installed on my PC, so I should be able to host it no problem, my PC can absolutely handle it.

L4D2 is a lot of fun as well, has LAN support.

Outside, that, not sure.

Edited by Smot Poker