Guild Wars

tw3kr

Who else is excited about this game? It's being released this Thursday (April 28th), Wednesday for pre-orders, and I, personally, cannot wait. I got in on the last Beta weekend and was hooked. Just questing was fun, I didn't even get in on PvP yet, one of the best aspects of the game...

Anyone pick this one up yet? Let us know how it is, I'm kinda of interested in seeing how it is. WoW is getting kinda of boring for me now, the Guild I have now has kinda of strayed from what it's main purpose was to have a bunch of friends help each other out and quest and raid together. But now it's just everyone helping mostly themselves and trying to just build up their gold, BORING :snore:

Plus the server I play on is full of gold farmers now and the economy is screwed and everything good is way over priced and the good hunting areas are always full of people and their are more choads on there then cool people. Plus the higher your level the less stuff you have to do :wub:

I might be picking it up. The last beta I was in was in Feb. Someone had it last night and I was floored by how it looks now. Kind of got me interested in it again. Only thing is with work starting up now, I'd never be on to play or only on late at night, but I'm thinking about it. If I get in on it my friend in CT, Dan, will probably join up too. :wub:

Dragon

I might be picking it up. The last beta I was in was in Feb. Someone had it last night and I was floored by how it looks now. Kind of got me interested in it again. Only thing is with work starting up now, I'd never be on to play or only on late at night, but I'm thinking about it. If I get in on it my friend in CT, Dan, will probably join up too. :wub:

Dragon

yeah the nice thing about this game is you don't have to pay a monthly fee, so if you don't get to play as much you don't feel to bad.

Plus i like the fact that once you go out from the city or hubs your solo or just with the your group. No fighting a bunch of other people to try to get a quest done. I'm still waiting till a see a full review of the game first.

And don't forget the loot after a kill is generated for one person in your group at a time. So you don't even have to fight between your group for the loot that is dropped.

Someone had it on sale this week too for $40, I think Circuit City. I think I'm going to try and get it by the end of the week, if I can get there when its still open. The only problem with working my job, working 10-12 hour days, its hard to get to stores before they close. Should have just broken down and bought it Sunday. I'm talking to my friend Dan to see if he's up for it. :wub:

Dragon

So you up for some Guild Wars action ellilion? My friend Dan is in but won't be getting it for another week.

I was thinking of running a teamspeak server for us too. :wub:

Dragon

Sorry for the late reply, my computer has been on the fritz. Yeah I was thinking going to pick it up tonight and it was circuit city who had it on sale. I'll let you know, I also I have a teamspeak server set up that I use sometimes for WoW and NWN.

Yeah, being sick and not getting home till 8pm is making it hard to get to circuit city to get it but I'll have it Friday or Saturday. If you want to use your teamspeak server for it that'll work. My friend Dan and I were talking about using Trillian too but teamspeak would probably be better incase you don't have Trillian. ;)

Dragon

I got my copy. You should be able to find me on Xfire ellilion. My ingame name is Glaurung Fire.

Hey tw3kr, did you ever get a copy? If you did, you track me down with Xfire, dragonfire64. ;)

Dragon

Yeah, I ended up pre-ordering mine about three days before the game actually game out so I could play a day early ;) I haven't been playing it as much as I'd like (as much as my friends are, the bastards are all hooked), but I just hit level 14 last night. It's really good. When you get the actual game, you don't have to pre-load areas from the internet, you just download little fixes & patches.

I just hit lvl 8 tonight. I played with my friend for a hour or so. He helped me get past this one area since the henchmen were being useless.

Add me to your friends list, we could hook up sometime and kill baddies together, Glaurung Fire. ;)

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
I just hit lvl 8 tonight. I played with my friend for a hour or so. He helped me get past this one area since the henchmen were being useless.

Add me to your friends list, we could hook up sometime and kill baddies together, Glaurung Fire. B)

Dragon

I'm playing it now as well, U can look me up as "Kaylin Greyhawke", I'm currently a lvl 7 Ranger/Elementalist :evil:

-- Nem