bandwith opens up!!!

Conan4Life

What a true waste of resources to actually take the time to do something like this when there are far more important things to be concerned about w/ this game, like keeping it up & running when something crashes/breaks. No matter how hard they try, they won't catch everyone.

-- Nem

Yes it is and it isn't, well they do have to fix other issues as far as server stablity and the constant down time that happens with at least half of the realms they have, mine being one of them. B)

But it is a huge problem that does have to be fixed, this kind of thing inflates the economy of the servers to epic amounts. It keeps normal players from being able to be able to farm for money or rare items. They basically pay these guys in china or someother country like 40-45 cents an hour to farm the same areas where high level drops and coin are, and usually they try to force the normal players out by stealing everything from under players or keep challenging them to duels or killing them out right till they leave. They never talk to anyone or have any interaction with other players. I was reading that they usually have 2 guys per account working in 12 hour shifts 24 hours a day doing this. From what I've seen it isn't to bad on my server not yet anyways but I have run into some with my higher level character and let me tell you it was not pleasant. If I could have I would have strangled the person :evil: it sucks having to farm to find certain items or make some coin for certain things but when other characters are making near impossible for you to do that and make your playing time a pain in the ass and it makes the game not worth playing. I'm glad blizzard is trying to stop this kinda of thing as well as griefers(someone who just hassles other players for no other reason but to be a pain in the ass).

this only reason im thinking of buying this game is because blizzard goes to lengths to stunt BS like this. i just cant bring myself to play or buy any mmorpg. i gave my gamespy beta test for the game/key to a friend to play to try it out. i just dun love the fps far too much

this only reason im thinking of buying this game is because blizzard  goes to lengths to stunt BS like this. i just cant bring myself to play or  buy any mmorpg. i gave my gamespy beta test for the game/key to a friend to play to try it out. i just dun love the fps far too much

If thinking about buying this game WAIT!!!!!!!! It has been horrible lately B) My server has been going down everyday for the last week. It's starting to really piss me off, most of my guild members can only play evenings from like 7-11pm and that's when there's the most problems. Example last night we were getting a party together for an instance raid just about to start and crash!!!! And I'm getting sick of the generic post they put up like this.

1. 3/15 Select Realm Issues | 3/15/2005 7:22:34 PM PST

Certain realms may be experiencing disconnects and latency issues. We are working on the situation and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Alleria

Argent Dawn

Arthas

Azgalor

Blackhand

Bleeding Hollow

Bloodhoof

Durotan

Elune

Garona

Hellscream

Illidan

Lothar

Magtheridon

Mannoroth

Medivh

Sargeras

Shattered Hand

Skullcrusher

Stormrage

Stormreaver

Warsong

Whisperwind

Zul'jin Senior Game Master

World of Warcraft

or this

Certain realms are currently experiencing performance issues. We are aware of the issue and are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. We will update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Well they have 4/5/05 till my account is renewed if they don't have things under control by then I'm OUT.

What a true waste of resources to actually take the time to do something like this when there are far more important things to be concerned about w/ this game, like keeping it up & running when something crashes/breaks.  No matter how hard they try, they won't catch everyone. 

-- Nem

Yes it is and it isn't, well they do have to fix other issues as far as server stablity and the constant down time that happens with at least half of the realms they have, mine being one of them. B)

But it is a huge problem that does have to be fixed, this kind of thing inflates the economy of the servers to epic amounts. It keeps normal players from being able to be able to farm for money or rare items. They basically pay these guys in china or someother country like 40-45 cents an hour to farm the same areas where high level drops and coin are, and usually they try to force the normal players out by stealing everything from under players or keep challenging them to duels or killing them out right till they leave. They never talk to anyone or have any interaction with other players. I was reading that they usually have 2 guys per account working in 12 hour shifts 24 hours a day doing this. From what I've seen it isn't to bad on my server not yet anyways but I have run into some with my higher level character and let me tell you it was not pleasant. If I could have I would have strangled the person :evil: it sucks having to farm to find certain items or make some coin for certain things but when other characters are making near impossible for you to do that and make your playing time a pain in the ass and it makes the game not worth playing. I'm glad blizzard is trying to stop this kinda of thing as well as griefers(someone who just hassles other players for no other reason but to be a pain in the ass).

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that this was as deep an issue as what U posted. Thank you for enlightening me. Please dis-regard my earlier statement.

-- Nem

Yeah like I said it's not to bad on my server right now, it maybe worst than I think because I haven't been farming the areas this guys usually do. I'm just glad blizzard has put some effort it to stopping it, now they need to fix all the other issues! LOL!

I love the game but it has gotten to a point where i'm thinking about quiting, I have another 3 weeks before my time is renewed so if there hasn't been some improvement by then I might quit.

Yeah Nem, for those of us that have played other MMORPG's it's a huge issue. You end up with an economy that's so over-infalted that it's damn near impossible to buy anything w/o ebaying game-money to afford it.

I also believe gold/plat farming is one of the major things that drove most of Lineage2's playerbase away.

---

Also, I can appreciate the sentiment about server downtime (as I play on Hellscream). They should have gotten alot of that worked out pre-release. But it has gotten alot better since release and keeps doing so. The idea of allowing people to move from a high-pop to a low-pop server is a good idea, to balance load. But I highly doubt many will take the offer in it's current form, instead they should be allowing anyone to move to any low-pop server so friends who are currently split across realms can gather together, I think they'd get a better respons that way.

Edited by cjm2

Yeah Nem, for those of us that have played other MMORPG's it's a huge issue. You end up with an economy that's so over-infalted that it's damn near impossible to buy anything w/o ebaying game-money to afford it.

I also believe gold/plat farming is one of the major things that drove most of Lineage2's playerbase away.

---

Also, I can appreciate the sentiment about server downtime (as I play on Hellscream). They should have gotten alot of that worked out pre-release. But it has gotten alot better since release and keeps doing so. The idea of allowing people to move from a high-pop to a low-pop server is a good idea, to balance load. But I highly doubt many will take the offer in it's current form, instead they should be allowing anyone to move to any low-pop server so friends who are currently split across realms can gather together, I think they'd get a better respons that way.

WOW, is it that we have been graced once again w/ the presence of CJM2 himself?! Now my day is truly complete B)

How's it going there Mr. WoW??

Have U tried the Beta of Guild Wars yet? Peeps that I've talked to about it are giving it a major thumbs UP!!

-- Nem