Computer Issues :(

Im hoping someone can help me here i just got a new motherboard and cpu from tigerdirect it was the package deal getting both together but anywayz it was all put together properly with the new hardrive that was also put in (DESCRIPTION OF HARD DRIVE BELOW)

{Product Details}

-Product Height 1"

-Product Width 4"

-Product Weight 1.4 lbs.

-Product Length 5.7"

-Internal

-Drive Capacity 80.0GB

-IDE Controller Speed Ultra ATA/100

-Rotation Speed 7200 rpm

-Data Transfer Rate to/from Interface Up to 100MB/sec.

-Average Seek Time 8.5 ms

-Cache Buffer Size 2MB

-Average Latency 4.17

Processor

Processor Speed: 335 / 2.80GHz

- Cache Size: 256KB

- Processor Socket: Socket 478

motherboard

Chipset: VIA PM800/VT8237R

- Front Side Bus: 266/333/400MHz

- Processor Interface: Socket 478

Yeah back to the discussion about what is not going right i dunno really its was all put together perfect it turns on and all but nothing comes up on the monitor i also put a 512mb kingston memory stick in and nothing still comes up on the monitor im gonna put in vid card tonight and see if it will work then but does anyone think my motherboard could be shot and need a different one? I just got the motherboard which I thought was very odd because tiger never gave me something that didn’t work I might have to send back this week and get a new one…. Unless one of you think you know whats wrong B)

Do the all the fans spin? (CPU, power supply)

Are there any lights on the motherboard?

Are there any beeps when you turn it on?

if get get none of the above, it could be the p/s or motherboard. Always double/triple check all the cables are connected correctly!! Including the power cable into the back of the p/s and if there is a switch on back of the p/s make sure it turned on!!! Sounds stupid, but I've made them already!!

hehe thanks for the advise but to answer those questions power supply does work perfectly and all fans are go except when you turn on a computer its suppose to make a beep sound to show that its gonna boot correct? well it doesnt make that noise

i should be set now i got a different motherboard now i guess mine was shot i dont recommend buying anything from chaintec its just not worth it...but i should have it in 2 days got it from tigerdirect so now i can get booted up for the 50 man lan and own you nubs hehe

after reading, sounds like the power my not be pluged in or th mobo was shot out of the box(or was shocked B) ) since you didnt say anthing about beeping when booted.

if the videocard wasnt seated correctlu you would have a beep maeeage like(. = beeps) . ...

cpu woud be something i a beep every 2 seconds and memory a fast beep... i think

nothing ussally means bad mobo and beep bessages go by the BIOS manufacture and may differ

ItS a miracle today as i just put my new video card and motherboard in i found out that the chaintech motherboard i got had gotten damaged while being shipped and i just put a new one in last night and my computer is fast now and ready for the MARCH 50 MAN LAN!!!!!!!!!

ItS a miracle today as i just put my new video card and motherboard in i found out that the chaintech motherboard i got had gotten damaged while being shipped and i just put a new one in last night and my computer is fast now and ready for the MARCH 50 MAN LAN!!!!!!!!!

w00t!! B)