Hl2 Benchmark

Interesting stuff!!!!

"...ATI didn't need these special optimizations to perform well and Valve insists that they have not optimized the game specifically for any vendor."

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1862

I'll have the new link tmrw night.... ;)

Gotta say the benchmarks from Valve and Anand Tech's own sure makes even nVidia's flagship card look lame in comparison!! Sure, Valve won't let anyone run (read *cough* publish with the beta Det 50 drivers, as I know I sure damn well I would have run them!!!!) Also, I can't see nVidia pulling that much performance out of their ass with the new Det 50 drivers.

Also, kinda wierd, the FX series has been out how long now, and now finally, the Det 50 drivers (when they finally go public) will make these cards ready for DX 9 games?! WTF, I know there weren't any DX9 games out yet, but these are suppose to be DX9 cards.... hello, McFly!!!!

On the other hand, is this "sucks to be you" to nVidia after they did something similar to ATI with the Doom3 benchmark?!

Gotta say the benchmarks from Valve and Anand Tech's own sure makes even nVidia's flagship card look lame in comparison!! Sure, Valve won't let anyone run (read *cough* publish with the beta Det 50 drivers, as I know I sure damn well I would have run them!!!!) Also, I can't see nVidia pulling that much performance out of their ass with the new Det 50 drivers.

Also, kinda wierd, the FX series has been out how long now, and now finally, the Det 50 drivers (when they finally go public) will make these cards ready for DX 9 games?! WTF, I know there weren't any DX9 games out yet, but these are suppose to be DX9 cards.... hello, McFly!!!!

On the other hand, is this "sucks to be you" to nVidia after they did something similar to ATI with the Doom3 benchmark?!

You are very correct B.Ob., ATi is now getting their "turn" in the joyous spotlight of fame. They've been long in waiting for it but have finally gotten what they deserve. Hopefully this is a sign of continued good things to come.

-- Nem ;)

Interesting how all these benchmarks matter at all on BETA software. Last time I checked BETA meant preproduction and should NEVER represent the finish product...

Very true!!! Although they (Valve) appear near release themselves. Also, nVidia didn't fair too well (vrs ATI) in AquaMark 3 either.... (Downloadable here), which I just find amusing, since the last AquaMark was pretty much written for nVidia hardware.