64bit athlon system

Guest Major_Chaos

Guest Major_Chaos

Unfortunately, circumstances beyond my control have forced me to sell my most prized possession...my gaming pc.

If anyone is interested in purchasing it whole or in parts yuo can let me know asap. my system specs ar listed below. ...oh yeah...not listed below is my 17" LG lcd monitor...also a cdrw and an MSI dvd-burner

Guest Major_Chaos
$450 without lcd

can I have some of what you're smoking? i'll sell the motherboard, cpu and ram to you for that

so we don't get any more posts like THAT one. i will not accept anything less than $950 for the whole system. If I end up selling it piece by piece I will not sell it for less than market value. I'm quite positive that I could get what I want on ebay but do not wanna pay the paypal/ebay fees. if necessary thats what I'll do but though I'd give my friends at WNYgamers first chance at a very good deal!

$450 without lcd

Hmmm.... to sell his system for a price quote like that wouldn't help him in the slightest, not to mention that he would be taking a MAJOR hit in cost for what he already threw into it.

ParoxysM, for what little U offered, your post wasn't even worth the time it took to make it.

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos

actually, it would help me a lot. i'm not going to get into details on here but this unfortuantely is a necessary evil that I have to do. but you're right, what I'm asking is no where near what I have into it!

$450 without lcd

can I have some of what you're smoking?

so we don't get any more posts like THAT one. i will not accept anything less than $950 for the whole system. If I end up selling it peice by peice I will not sell it for less than market value.

I priced that exact system on newegg.com to the specs that you have listed. With shipping included it comes to $946 without the LCD. With the adjustment of it being used, unless you’re like me and keep ALL MANUALS, CDs AND PACKAGING, would expect you can get $675 to $700 as a fair price when dealing with anyone who is tech savvy. Anyone not so tech savvy you might be able to get the mark up of putting it all together and installing software for them and with the LCD you might be able to get $1000 to $1100, but you would more then likely be supporting the system if they had any issues.

Guest Major_Chaos

i'm quite positive that with the lcd it is WELL worth the $950 that I'm looking to get for it when I include the $280 monitor I just bought like a month and a half ago. I mean i'm not debating it, if not interested then no problem. if you are interested just let me know. its also a socket 939 cpu not 754. i got $1285 not including stupid little things like floppy drives and cables

The rule with computer parts is they are a VERY bad investment. Every 3 months you get roughly a 20% reduction is value. Also new technologies change things. Who would buy a 9800 pro 256 when a 6800gt or an x800 is the same price or just a bit more? You may get close to what you want as parts here. To get that price from the savvy WNYG's would be impossible for the whole system. What you need is a what I call a sucker. A novice who will need post support. They will pay more because they know no better & need extra help.

You should maybe list all your parts & what you would like as a price?

You can buy an LCD 17" right now off of outpost.com on their sale for $199, if you want to splurge there's a 17" LCD on fatwallet.com forums right now for $250, that has the higher res & refresh rate, so let's say $250.

Motherboard plus CPU for athlon 64 3400+ on outpost.com last time there was a sale was $210 for the combo. (edit: $280 as per pricewatch for a mobo combo + processor for the 939, including fan & cpu, copy & paste: GIGABYTE GA-K8NS-939 & CPU AMD ATHLON 64(939PIN) 3200+ w/fan from PCinfinity.net).

Xblade case, with power supply, $61

120 GB drive, $59

1 GB Kingston memory going for $66.99 x 2 so ~ $134 right now, outpost.com sale right now

9800 pro video card, $270 brand new

-----------------

total cost brand new = 250 + 210 (edited $280) + 61 + 59 + 134 + 270 = ~$1055, which includes all manuals, etc..

Given that the equipment is used, and warranties etc may be lost, as well as original receipts etc you're gonna take a %40 price cut by buying it as-is, even if it's only a month old.

1055 * .60 = ~$633, or $700 given the work putting together etc.., that includes the monitor. Even adding a licensed legitimate version of windows XP pro, tack on another $89, making it $800 being overly generous.

$950 for that system used, you'd have to be a used car salesman to get someone to pay that much that was a fellow computer gamer, when you can get a package deal for Dell with a 19 " LCD and a faster system for cheaper. You might be able to get that price from a non computer person, but this is the wrong forum for that, for what you are trying to sell it for you aren't going to get that here.

----------------edit----------------

My bad, didn't see the socket 939 initially. Boost the mobo + processor combo price up to $280, as per pricewatch, so I tacked on $70 for the prices I gave.

I personally was not trying to give you a hard time. I think if you sold it as parts to the WNYG's you can get some good loot. I feel bad as evidently you have a money crunch situation. Some of those items would go real quick as parts. Also I am interested in some of the parts I just have no clue how much you would want for any of them.

I personally was not trying to give you a hard time. I think if you sold it as parts to the WNYG's you can get some good loot. I feel bad as evidently you have a money crunch situation. Some of those items would go real quick as parts. Also I am interested in some of the parts I just have no clue how much you would want for any of them.

Cost for parts is what it costs on newegg, times 1.20

:D

What you need is a what I call a sucker