Doom 3

Here it is folks, confirmation that there appears to be someone w/ some "common sense" working for Id & the Doom project. Remember when the game was slated to ONLY be Single Player per Mr. Carmack himself?? That has apparently changed now w/ this new tidbit of info JUST released concerning the "Multi-Player" aspect of Doom 3. Check out the LINK below for full details on this GREAT piece of news!!!

http://www.gamespy.com/quakecon2003/doom3/

-- Nem B)

I hope it doesn't suck (poor weapons) like Quake3 did.... I was just hoping for a kick-butt single player experience!! I fear neither (single nor multiplayer) will now.... B)

"Most noticeable were the ragdoll effects produced..." Ouch, I hope id is NOT stooping down to check-box features!

"Since DOOM 3 will only support up to four-player matches..." Why bother...

/gets off soapbox

Hey now, there's still room for improvement. This is still brand new stuff here. They may realize what else they can do w/ it & take it from there. At least Multiplayer is being offered whereas b4 it wasn't. I doubt w/ all the time still remaining for this game that the Single Player experience is going to suffer w/ the inclusion of Multi-player.

-- Nem