WNYG WoW Guild?

ellilion

I know we have some World of Warcraft players out there and was wondering if we had the players and interest in starting a Guild up?

Alot of things would be talked about once we decide if were gonna make one as far as rules/servers and such.

I know I, PerFecTioN, Juddog, kalvinclyde, lilkev, Carcass, and maybe Paroxysm are playing now.

Hoping maybe some other people will also get into this great game. I know Hefty & Dragon might be interested. :P

But for people unsure about the game, I'm a person who is strongly against pay to play games, I have tried games like ultima online, everquest, dark age of camelot, etc. and never liked any of them very much. I probably would have never bought the game if I hadn't been in the closed beta to be honest with you. But because of the excellence of the game and the effort blizzard has made to keep the game fun for all styles of players I fully recommend this game to anyone interested in it. (Circuit City has the game on sale right now for $40 but don't have any in stock but you can get a raincheck, can also get online for $35-40. It can be hard finding a retail copy, their only selling so many copies at a time to make sure they don't overload the servers(which only had 23-24 servers when the game first came out and now up to 80+ servers, pretty good considering the game has only been out a month & 1/2))

:popc: :popc: :popc: :popc:

That's one thing I noticed a lot of high lev horde people are very lame, More and more I noticed that 50+ lev horde are coming into very low lev areas. Going around killing people under 5th lev. in starting areas like northshore abbey, dolinaar, etc. on PvE or carebear servers, I hope blizzard starts putting heavy penalities on these players or stops it out right. I don't mind doing PvP but come on what's the challenge in killing 5- lev players when your 50+ lev, I would find better things to do with my time. The funny thing is when some high lev characters come to help they turn off PvP and run like little babies :P

Don't get me wrong i've had alot of fun doing some PvP, in the one area a tauren shaman(around 45-50lev) came in and the area had characters around 18-25lev and a group of us were fighting him off and I had a blast with that but as soon as a 45th lev paladin joined the fight he shut off PvP and took off. I mean if you want to do PvP fine but don't be a baby when you run into a challenge.

......talk about that, recently horde have been doing that, you can thank all the lvl 40+ alliance in SOUTHSHORE constantly camping and killing lvl 20 horde in tarren mills (HILLSBRAD). Every time i have gone to southshore theres always a problem with lamers killing such low lvl characters....alliance almost deserve what the get. Just wait til we can start raiding and taking over towns. All the pros are on horde, yall paladins hf :P

also, do u play on pvp servers or normal servers?

......talk about that, recently horde have been doing that, you can thank all the lvl 40+ alliance in SOUTHSHORE constantly camping and killing lvl 20 horde in tarren mills (HILLSBRAD). Every time i have gone to southshore theres always a problem with lamers killing such low lvl characters....alliance almost deserve what the get. Just wait til we can start raiding and taking over towns. All the pros are on horde, yall paladins hf :P

also, do u play on pvp servers or normal servers?

I'm on a normal server right now and at least if a bunch of 20 lev characters group you can fight some of them off(that's what we did in redridge). What I'm talking about is 3-4 50+ level characters doing that in a starting area!!!!! where the characters are 5th level and under, you know even if the characters won't bite on to fight them they will follow around the characters and kill the quest NPC's to make things difficult for the noobs. I been starting some new characters with some friends that are just starting to get into game and seen it a couple of times now. I'm sorry to generalize not all horde players are lamers and that's not what I meant to say but some players horde or alliance doing this kind of stuff is very lame. It is even worst when characters that are the same level show up to fight them they take off and run or move to another area w/o any high lev characters. I guess it's a problem on both sides but some of the players I've seen aren't even looking for a good fight just going after the noobs to be annoying. Like I said these players aren't doing this in an area where it would be a challenge for them just very low level areas where there are no characters close to the same level.

The only questions:

What server:

IF PVP: Alliance or Horde? (you can only pick one on PVP)

I have characters on Bloodhoof (newbs still), Lightning blade (level 42 paladin, alliance, PVP) and on Arthas (18 war, horde)

I would prefer one of those

If the new patch is able to contain what changes blizzard is attempting then aerver would not matter. Bilzzard is talking about a server character change ability in the near future. As far as horde or alliance that could be something to discuss once we have generated enough intrest. I definitly think it would be fun to have our own guild with the possibility of having a small WOWlan for larger epic quests.

Well it looks like we have about 6 people interested in starting a guild, 4 of us I know are playing Alliance not sure about some others. I'm playing on bloodhoof normal server now along w/ juddog,carcass, and lilkev. I know Hefty is planning to buy WoW after finishing some stuff on his new house(congratz by the way) hopefully in the next week or 2. My main character is in a guild already but have a couple of ALT characters that aren't (only around 15 lev). I figured on waiting till the new patch comes out that allows the server switching and maybe wait till the dust settles from that to try to pick a lower traffic server for us. I'm also thinking of staying with a normal server to avoid the PvP griefs of camping groups/guilds as much as possible. You can still do PvP on a normal server it's just not on all the time. And leaning towards Alliance unless everyone else wants to go Horde(sorry I almost always play a good character in any rpg I have a choice). And we'll have to think of a cool guild name, so any suggestions pm me or post here.

Oh yeah I seen some stuff on some guilds which there main objective is to camp and grief other players as much as possible, The one I know of that's on the alliance side is Kali Compton not sure what server they are on, haven't seen them at all on bloodhoof. I think once we get up and started and get a good base going we could make our objective to not to do this kinda of stuff and maybe go after groups/guilds that are. :)

Damn, if that is a screen shot from the game, those graphics suck. Then again to make the most money out of the game they have to, I guess, make them compatible with busted old cards like 8500s and 9700's.

I know it looks quite a bit better than that on my 6800gt, Not the best screenshot I've seen.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/screensh...eIndex=66&Set=0

There is a ton more screenshots to look at, also you have to remember that it's an online only game so that graphics can't be as good as HL2 or Doom3 with 100s to 1000s of people playing at once, you don't see UT2k4 supporting over 100 players at once do you now? :)

Damn, if that is a screen shot from the game, those graphics suck. Then again to make the most money out of the game they have to, I guess, make them compatible with busted old cards like 8500s and 9700's.

U made that statement after just seeing a screenshot?? :bonk:

Take the time to watch the game if not play it. I've been to a WoW gathering & based on how powerful the players pc is, that will dictate the quality of the picture. The game's graphics are actually very nice for the "type" of game it is & the game itself is alot of fun to play, if not Addictive, hence the reason I won't touch it anytime soon.

The game itself wasn't designed to go head-on w/ the likes of UT2k4 & Half-Life 2 in terms of Graphics.

-- Nem