New Speakers

B.Ob.

I got new speakers this past week (this counts, right?!)

966.gif

Comparison: Five 5.1 and 6.1 Speakers - Logitech Z-680

Logitech® Z-680 - Manufacturers link

Features: 5.1 Configuration • 500 Watts • Digital SoundTouch™ Control Center • Dolby® Digital & DTS® Hardware Decoding • THX® Certified

$219 from newegg

Now you have no excuse that you didnt hear the rocket coming up on ya...

They are so loud, you'll hear my rocket coming for ya while your outside having a smoke.... B)

Yeah these speakers rock! I bought my set about 5 months ago. They work the best if you have nforce2 soundstorm audio using the digital connection(optical or coaxial)

Cool beans, it will be nice to be able to talk to someone else with the same set!! I'm currently just hooked up thru the 6-channel audio cable to my Sound Storm. What did you notice most when you hooked up thru the optical or coaxial?

You get alot cleanier and richer sound, I had it hooked thru coaxial digital out on my old system with nforce2 board. Nforce2 soundstorm is the only soundcard that does 5.1 on everything thru digital, since I moved to athlon64 w/ horrible on board sound I bought a SB audigy 2 zs but the digital on the only does 5.1 on dvd movies and some games and I ended up just hooking it up thru the analog connections so i get 5.1 on everything it still sounds great but was better thru digital on the soundstorm. I wish nvidia would release the soundstorm as a seperate soundcard I would buy one in a minute.

You get alot cleanier and richer sound, I had it hooked thru coaxial digital out on my old system with nforce2 board. Nforce2 soundstorm is the only soundcard that does 5.1 on everything thru digital, since I moved to athlon64 w/ horrible on board sound I bought a SB audigy 2 zs but the digital on the only does 5.1 on dvd movies and some games and I ended up just hooking it up thru the analog connections so i get 5.1 on everything it still sounds great but was better thru digital on the soundstorm. I wish nvidia would release the soundstorm as a seperate soundcard I would buy one in a minute.

Looking thru the nForce4 reviews, I see nVidia still does NOT have Sound Storm on their new chipset! :) They must be under contract not to use it, as I can't see them ignoring it 3 chipsets in a row!! As I would sure rather have that than a Stateful Inspection hardware firewall built-in!! Oh well, perhaps Creative Labs next Audigy card will do 5.1 for everything in digital!!

Yeah I think they have some deal with microsoft because that's what the xbox uses for audio, and when they released the nforce2 boards they were still on friendly terms. But now they would probably have to pay mircosoft some money if they kept using it. :) it's to bad it would have been nice for soundblaster to have some real competition.