3Dmark05 scores revealed

Guest Major_Chaos

bob, can you help me oc my vid card to a point where iut is stable. or at least give me some pointers and maybe an oc program or whatever?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will do ya: PowerStrip 3.53

After you install & reboot, you'll get a new icon down by the clock, right click it and goto Performance Profiles, then Configure. There is where you can check the speed of the GPU and the memory. (write down the defaults, just in case, mine are 378 GPU, 337.5 mem), then up them 4 or 5, and run 3dmark a couple times to make sure it makes it thru ok, if 3dmark crashes, back the settings back down. Usually you want to raise the GPU and mem seperately!!

Do you have an Artic Cooling HSF on your vid card?

no I don't yet. but expect to soon. i assume that you do?

Yes, I got it mostly to reduce the temp inside my case. Perhaps just as well you waited, as the new ones attach to the memory also!! Mine (v3) does not.

For example: I raised just my GPU to 398 and my 3dmark05 score jumped to: 2442 (from 2345), increasing the GPU again to up 418 takes my score to 2516.

bob, can you help me oc my vid card to a point where iut is stable. or at least give me some pointers and maybe an oc program or whatever?

U can also accomplish this by using a different set of ATi drivers known as Omega, they come w/ built-in OC'ing features that the normal ATi drivers don't. This will bypass the need for the installation of Powerstrip.

U can find them HERE

U may OR may not notice that much of a performance boost from the Omega drivers compared to the ATi drivers, but they at least will give U the OC feature w/o the need of additional programs. I like them, they haven't done me wrong @ all thus far.

Enjoy!!

-- Nem

I've got all the files you need to OC your card Nem. I'll dig them up and make a copy for you on thursday. There's like 3 programs you really should use to OC your card. I can show you how to do everything when I'm over.

Oh, there's those Omega drivers and another one too, neither are any better than ATI's drivers. :D

Dragon

I've got all the files you need to OC your card Nem. I'll dig them up and make a copy for you on thursday. There's like 3 programs you really should use to OC your card. I can show you how to do everything when I'm over.

Oh, there's those Omega drivers and another one too, neither are any better than ATI's drivers. :D

Dragon

Cool, I'll look forward to chking out those "other" programs U have for me.

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos
finally did mine, 2142. not bad considering the system I have. xp 2000 over clocked to xp2700 and only 512mb pc2700. just upgraded to 1 GB of pc 3200 score went up to 2325.

just oc'd my videoard to gpu=411 and mem =351 and got a score of 2400. now I just need to get vga silencer and oc a little more and I'll be golden.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update since I re-ran the Benchmark after redoing my system from scratch.

3DMark05 2496 up from 2345 (w Cat 4.6)

ATI 9800 PRO 128, stock speeds using Cat 4.10 CCC

Mobile XP @ 2.1GHz

1 Gig DDR400 cl2.5

I'll have to 'OC my vid card again and see if the score goes up as much as it did last time.

Here's my scores via 3DMark2005...

Using the lastest ATi Catalyst 4.10 drivers, I scored 2488. No OC'ing involved

Using the Omega 2590 drivers ( equivalent to ATi 4.10 ), I scored 2537. No OC'ing involved.

Winner ==>> Omega 2590 drivers

I plan on OC'ing my VC soon to see how much more of an "additional" boost I'll get, so I'll post those results when I get around to it.

-- Nem

• 3 weeks later...

cpu speed?

ATI drivers version?

also, you have the 256 Meg version, right? running stock speed?

(just for future reference)

cpu speed?

ATI drivers version?

also, you have the 256 Meg version, right? running stock speed?

(just for future reference)

Sry!

WinXP SP2

Abit Nf7-S Rev2

Athlon XP Mobile 2400+ 1.8Ghz (OC'd to 2.358Ghz)

1.5Gb PC3200 (205Mhz FSB)

ATi 9800Pro 256Mb

ATi Catalyst 4.11 drivers

• 3 weeks later...