3Dmark05 scores revealed

3Dmark 05 scores revealed

"WE HAVE SOME numbers that we would like to share with you before Futuremark finally introduces this long awaited test.

With current drivers, Nvidia will score 5000 points with the 6800 Ultra while the X800XT PR will score only 4500 with 4.9 drivers. With the new ATI driver codenamed 8.07, ATI score will jump to an incredible 5800. All these scores are on a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 machine. The ATI driver will be introduced as the Catalyst 4.10 and we learned it should get its WHQL very soon.

The Geforce FX 5950 Ultra will score a modest 1270 while the Radeon 9600XT will provide 1570 marks. The mainstream card kicks the former high end in its performance nuts.

The Geforce 6800 GT will score 4500.

You will be able to see many more scores on the 29th of this month at 3PM CET when Futuremark lifts the non disclosure agreement (NDA) veil."

Apparently their NDA lifts at 3pm Central time today..... So more info coming I'm sure!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3DMark05 Game Tests

Game Test 1: Return to Proxycon

The numerous lights in the ceiling of the hangar are approximated with a directional light from above. This is generating dynamic shadows using a 2048x2048 resolution depth map. Additionally here are a number of point lights filling the total lighting nicely, but these mostly don't add shadows to save some system load. The corridor has point lights throwing shadows, using a 512x512x6 cube depth map each, and some are masked and animated as the turning warning light at the end of the corridor. There are all in all 8 light sources in the game test level, two directional and the rest point lights.

Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest

This scene is a nice example of a smaller scale outdoor scene with rich vegetation. Immediate visibility is not so far, and there is a skybox surrounding the whole scene. There are a large number of trees, all swaying in the light breeze, the branches swinging separately, and there is dense vegetation on the ground. The vegetation on the ground is actually one of the key interests in this test. It is dynamically distributed where needed, according to the camera movements. Its level of detail is also dynamically altered depending on the distance to the camera. The other key interest in this scene is the amazing lighting and dynamic shadow system. This scene really is ideal for showing the benefits of perspective shadow maps.

Game Test 3 - Canyon Flight

This test gives an example of a large scale outdoor scene. The scene is fairly complex with large areas of water reflecting the high canyon walls. The water actually is one of the key points of interest in this scene. The water not only does realistic looking reflections and refractions, it has a depth fog, making the sea monster swimming under the airship actually look deep down in the water. The air in this scene also uses a volumetric fog, making distant cliffs of the canyon really look far away.

Pics

Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4

Pic 5 | Pic 6 | Pic 7 | Pic 8

Yeah it looks pretty as hell, but it makes you want to cry it runs so slow. I can't complain I'm getting 4635 but even w/ my athlon64 3400+ and 6800gt most of the stuff runs 20-30fps the one cpu test run at 2-3fps. even with one of the newer graphics cards and processors it crushes them, and just when I was feeling pretty good about my upgrades :flush:

Yeah it looks pretty as hell, but it makes you want to cry it runs so slow. I can't complain I'm getting 4635 but even w/ my athlon64 3400+ and 6800gt most of the stuff runs 20-30fps the one cpu test run at 2-3fps. even with one of the newer graphics cards and processors it crushes them, and just when I was feeling pretty good about my upgrades :flush:

Yeah, unfortunately, I expected it to be a slide show for me!! Kinda surprised the CPU test runs so slow on yours thou!!! Guess I can expect a single frame every few seconds! B)

for a cpu test should be a slide show it going to bypass as much as possible to get to test the power of the cpu and not have it drained out to the gpu and other preferials,

just my thoughts on the subject

I can agree with that! I just hope they started to write things like that for dual processors, since it seems all the high machines by this time next year will have dual CPU cores!!

I can agree with that! I just hope they started to write things like that for dual processors, since it seems all the high machines by this time next year will have dual CPU cores!!

**dreams of quad processors**

B):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just another thought and possibally playing doom 3 on the Big Blue super computer

wonder what a 3ghz gpu will run and when will VR be back

had an idea one to intergrate the VR glove into a rumble, heat and heptic interfaces, too bad one glove costs about as much as the system it self at this time

baaah just hook it into the nervous system, epadermal interfaces are so 20th century

GT1 - Return To Proxycon 9.2 FPS

GT2 - Firefly Forest 5.5 FPS

GT3 - Canyon Flight 10.7 FPS

Time to upgrade?? Maybe Ill defrag an try it again :rotfl:

Best score I saw posted on the Interweb was 6330.

Guest Major_Chaos

finally did mine, 2142. not bad considering the system I have. xp 2000 over clocked to xp2700 and only 512mb pc2700. just upgraded to 1 GB of pc 3200 score went up to 2325.

3DMark05 2345

ATI 9800 PRO 128, stock speeds using Cat 4.6

Mobile XP @ 2.1GHz

1 Gig DDR400 cl2.5

Guess I'll have to start OCin the vid card a bit now after I redo my system next week (assuming the 4.10's come out)