Easy Cheap Upgrade To Xp 2000+ Speeds Under $45

PurSuiT

A large number of 1700+ chips are unlocked up to 12.5 multiplier and run fine @ 133FSB or higher. Just upgraded an older 950Mhz Duron system with one of these chips from newegg.com for $42 plugged in and set it up 12.5 * 133FSB 1.666Mhz with no problems, can not go any higher as the system only has SDRAM. CPU is running @ 40c which is right in line with the speed. I have seen others run these chips @ 12.5 * 166Mhz 2075Mhz and 10 * 215 FSB 2150Mhz on newer boards without a hitch. :P

AMD XP 1700+ Link

There is alot of info about these chips on the web. Anyone looking for a cheap fast upgrade (no formating required) might want pick up one of these CPUs.

Yep, since these are Thoroughbred's and not the older Palomino's, they should overclock nicely!!!

Pursuit, since knowing U, I don't think I've ever heard you NOT talk about "Overclocking" something!! :(

Hence, from this day forward, U shall now be referred to as "Father Overclock" :P

Enjoy your new title.

-- Nem

See what I have started here, now there's a "following" for Father OC. I guess now I'll have to start a forum for the name of his new following/disciples.

Any suggestions??

Should we have restrictions on who all can join?!?! :P

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

CPU Rumor Mill:

A [H] system builder gives us word that every AMD 2500+ Barton out of the last seven he has bought has done 3200+ out of the box. Worth looking into for the AMD fans!

Found Here

• 1 month later...