WinXP sp2 Official download

B.Ob.

Hey paroxysm, aren't you still running win 95 osr 2? sorry just kidding! :D I was brave and put this on and have no problems so far Xfingers CrossedX. I tried IE for a little bit seems ok, but I think I'll stick with Mozilla Firefox. Most things in windows seem a little smoother and quicker. Alot of people complained that you have to turn on automatic updating but that's false you can leave it off it's just the new security center will come up with warnings if you leave it off same with the firewall and it will warn you if your anti-virus is out of date but you can shut off all warnings too. It's kinda of security for dummies :) For those people who aren't smart enough to do updates on there own. But if I run into any problems I'll post but like I said so far so good.

I tried IE for a little bit seems ok, but I think I'll stick with Mozilla Firefox.

ellilion, I totally agree w/ U about Mozilla Firefox, it's a great non-Microsoft based browser. The built-in Pop-Up Blocker & Download Manager are a nice touch along w/ the other sweet features it has.

-- Nem

yeah mozilla firefox rocks does everything I need, and haven't had 1 pop-up since I started using it. Plus I'm getting at least 75% less spyware than when I was using IE or any variant of IE like avantbrowser, myIE, etc. All the new viruses/worms and spyware target IE so I try not to use it unless I need too

:vomit: **windows update** :flush:

Some programs seem to stop working after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

Straight from the horse's mouth!!

"After you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), some programs may seem not to work. By default, Windows Firewall is enabled and blocks unsolicited connections to your computer. This article discusses how to make an exception and enable a program to run by adding it to the list of exceptions. This procedure permits the program to work as it did before the service pack was installed."

They even list the programs that have issues with SP2, check it!

Here are just the games:

Chess Advantage III: Lego Chess

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2

Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition

Midnight Outlaw: Illegal Street Drag 1.0

Scrabble 3.0

Star Trek StarFleet Command III 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a problem with an Athlon 64 and XP SP2?

Microsoft tackles AMD conflict in SP2

"In an article posted in the Knowledge Base section of its Web site, Microsoft says that Service Pack 2 may not work with computers running Advanced Micro Devices' 64-bit microprocessors. The Redmond, Wash.-based company said earlier that owners of such PCs may want to bypass the update completely, but has now come up with a workaround."

• 4 weeks later...