I caught this on one of the sites:

Steve Polge - "We'll be announcing what's happening next with Unreal Tournament at E3. Don't worry, any new UT related products shipping in the next 18 months will be compatible with UT2003, and so will serve to extend the life of the platform your mod is built on rather than replacing it."

Mark Rein - "If there were going to be a UT2004 it would be fully backward compatible with 2003 so mod makers wouldn't have to worry about that. But that's all I can say for now :)"

Hmmmmmmm..... :rolleyes:

Backtracking for a sec.... installing the 2225 patch for UT2k3 no longer needs a no-CD patch as after the 2225 patch is installed, it doesn't check for the CD anymore, w00h00!!! ((:rolleyes:))

Also, installing the above patch along with the Bright-skins mod (which is also official stuff from the man) makes the game look and feel a lot more like the original UT.... All you do after installing is put in the UT classic mutator....

Mesa saysa shame shame on yousa B.Ob., not putting the appropriate links on the site for others to use to download those wonderful little files :rolleyes:

I also saw that announcement for ut2k4. Rather interesting since 2k3 was recently released not all that long ago. Should be interesting to see what it is packing ( hopefully a BETTER Sniper Rifle!! )

For those of YOU who are interested, ONE of the many sites to download the ut2225 Patch from is...

http://www.ut2003hq.com/

-- Simply scroll down the page & you'll see it.

AND for the Bright Skins MOD...

http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/dl_add...right_skins.php

Enjoy!!!

-- Nem

(which is also official stuff from the man)

This counts as a link... *cough* :rolleyes:

Now I see the light!! :rolleyes: Maybe I'm starting to catch up to U in Old Age after all :lol:

As it is, either will work. Bob's I see is the more direct of the 2 though.

Ciao for now.

-- Nem

-->> What happened to the updating of your lan party invite? Better let us know quickly so I can req the appropriate day off or Mesa will be a no-show! *gasp, spasm, flinch* :)

-->> What happened to the updating of your lan party invite? Better let us know quickly so I can req the appropriate day off or Mesa will be a no-show! *gasp, spasm, flinch* :rolleyes:

Oh my!

Quick Get the day off!

I fear what would happen if you missed TWO lan parties in a row!

Mesa was given bad news today @ work... the day after the lan party I wished to take off is closed off already, so chances are I might not be able to attend since my normal workday starts @ 5am & I won't be able to get to the party till roughly 4pm :rolleyes:

I have my Sup trying to force the day off for me. So there's still HOPE!!! :)

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...