Duke3d For Windows 2k/xp

They finally released the source code for Duke3D and a bunch of people jumped all over the chance to port it to Linux, Windows 2k/XP and Mac.

This is the best Windows port going:

http://www.rancidmeat.com/project.php3?id=1

Duke3D%202k-1.jpg

You'll need a current install of Duke3D to add this to....

(perhaps something for the next LAN party?!)

Duke Nuken Forever will be out... someday.... but lets not dwell on what we don't have....

Duke Match works with at least 2 players, although its a little combersome to setup....

Yeah, they didn't have network support for Duke did they. You use to be able to play with more than 2 people right?

Cool, now I'll be able to rip off Nem's head and shit down his neck, WOOOHOOO!!! :rolleyes:

Dragon

They did have network support, but it was just IPX (over lan), thru dialup modem, or direct serial connection.

They <this new port> added TCP/IP support.... but I can't wait til they have a dedicated server.... much less headaches!!!

Or course, Nemesis was still in diapers when Duke3D came out originally.... :rolleyes:

Mesa was still in Diapers when Duke originally came out?? Now yousa are pushing it there Sir!! I may be younger than U but not by all THAT much ;-)

As for Mr. Dragon, "shitting" down mesa's neck doesn't sound all that appealing, especially when you consider the source of all that SHIT, Duke Nukem Forever will be in its 5 episode by the time Dragon gets done!!! :rolleyes:

B.Ob., have U tried running a multiplayer game yet w/ Duke3D? I can't see it being very processor intensive like the games we play nowadays, so a dedicated server may not even be an issue @ the next lan party. Of course, not KNOWING when the NEXT LAN PARTY is going to be is a problem.

-- Nem :)

Actually I have played it multiplayer no prob... but having a dedicated server would be SOOO much better as otherwise everyone in a game needs a variation of this in their netcfg_player1.txt file

interface 192.168.1.101:8500

mode peer

allow 192.168.1.104:8500

Of course the above would be just for 2 people, add additional allow lines for each additional player.... That being said.... everyone needs to be running and connected before the match starts.... So one can not jump into a match in the middle, and everyone needs to add the new person to their txt file above.... just a huge pain in the butt.... Now you see why I want the dedicated server, as it will not have these (and other) kinds of issues....

But yes, during the multiplayer test, I was having a great time taunting myself..... :rolleyes:

As for the next LAN party party: check here

• 2 weeks later...

They're up to Build 17.5, here's the new stuff:

* Integrated fixed sound code from kode54. (yay 48000hz!)

* Fixed crash on Area51 demo.

* Added many console variables

* Fixed duke3d.cfg handling of negative numbers.

->(bug would cause duke not to run if there negative numbers in the duke3d.cfg)

* Added new autoexec.cfg system. This will allow you to auto-run commands in the

console at startup. One main reason for this is to allow folks to run "classic"

mode without needing to type that into the console everytime they run the game.

* Added transparency to the console.

* Joystick support! And the addition of a Joystick+Mouse configuration.

->Please read the duke3d_w32.chm for more information. (the input section)

* Fixed WinMidi to allow users to change which midi device is used via duke3d.cfg.

->Change the "MusicDevice" variable to match your device.

Most users will want this setting:

"MusicDevice = 0"

* New Windows help file version of the docs

* Added "TransConsole" CVAR

* Added validation to "Level" command for the 1.5 data

* Added command line option for fullscreen. "-fullscreen"

* Fixed the ugly bug where "JoystickAnalogScale" was not being saved in the config.

* Added a joystick value debug cvar. "DebugJoystick 1".

->This displays a realtime view of the joystick inputs.