Direct X 9.0c official release download

Doom3 just installs DX 9.0b. Sorry to hear you had problems with 9.0c. When did the error crop up?

I've had some little annoying issues with this, some things just seem to lag. My gigabit NIC is acting a little weird and I've had UT2k4 crash on me once but not sure if it was direct x that caused it. I wouldn't recommend it until something actually needs it, I have a 6800gt and see no benifits to installing this at all. Stick to 9.0b! maybe by next year there will be something that makes use of it, unless Half Life 2 uses it but I doubt it, Or maybe if ubisoft ever rereleases 1.2 patch for FarCry fixed. :D

ellilion,

I've been running DirectX 9.0c since I 1st became aware of it & haven't had ANY issues @ all thus far. In

fact my system now seems to run somewhat smoother. Doom3 & the other games I play run like a dream. Did U say that all of these issues began as soon as U installed directX 9.0c?

-- Nem

Yeah the issues with my Nic and the lag in windows(doesn't happen in Games) just started after I installed 9.0c nothing major. I'm not gonna reformat because of it, Most of it seems to be running a little better now that I installed SP2 and reinstalled Nic drivers for the 3rd time. :D But it really hasn't effected my preformance one way or the other, I just don't see it as a necessity for anyone until there's software to take advantage of it.