Kinect for Xbox 360 Sold Out?

PurSuiT

Reports of Kinect pre-orders selling out have surfaced several times this month. For the most part, these stories have come from the United Kingdom, where retailers GAME, Amazon UK and Play.com said they were all out of supply. Microsoft told gaming trade publication MCV that it's working hard to meet holiday demand. Does this mean Kinect won't be in steady supply at U.K. retailers? Maybe.

In the United States, the sell-out story seems to be overblown. An Xbox enthusiast site reported two weeks ago that Gamestop was no longer taking pre-orders, and that Newegg was sold out of Kinect as well, but this is not the case anymore. Gamestop still lists a November 4 ship date for Kinect pre-orders, and I don't see any mention of delays at Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon or Newegg.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/208178/is_kinect_for_xbox_360_sold_out_dont_buy_that.html

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine just grabbed the Kinect on 11/11 & it's not to bad... no where as good as the PlayStation Move, but definitely entertaining. It's cool how U can use it to navigate thru your xBox Dashboard & such. I played the bowling game & it struggled @ times to properly track me but did a good enough job most of the time. I enjoyed the bowling experience far more on the Kinect than I do for the Wii.

-- Nem