Do console gamers suck?

PurSuiT

Console Gamers suck compared to PC Gamers

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertain...ole-gamers-suck

"There was a project many many months ago at Microsoft that was under wraps. The goal was to bridge Xbox gamers with PC gamers so they could play against one another in games like Unreal, or Gears of War."

Perhaps not unexpectedly, the fluffy console players were "destroyed" every time by their superior PC rivals - so much so that it would be "embarrassing" for the Xbox team had Microsoft launched its clandestine initiative.

"During the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game...and guess what happened?"

THEY GOT PWNED!!! BOOM HEAD SHOT!!!

Yea, it's all in the tools of the trade and console gamers are heavily limited. I remember playing Decent against someone who had a flight stick and he could do things I couldn't even attempt on a keyboard and mouse. Sure some console games have support for keyboard and mouse, but you don't see people typically sitting inches away from their TVs at a desk. Consoles always have a place in my living room as casual gaming, but when I really want to get serious I jump on the PC.

• 2 weeks later...

This article is so true ... I keep telling my kids all the time when they smack me around on their console games to go a few rounds w/ me on the PC, it's a totally different world... which I've proved to them several times as the tables always get turned on them by Dad ;-)

-- Nem

• 1 month later...

Isn't this more of a controller vs mouse and keyboard discussion.

The people that did this "project" (if it was really was a study Sood said it was rumor) should of had PC gamers use a controller matching the one that console gamers were using. And if possible have the console gamers use a keyboard and mouse matching the ones the PC gamers thus eliminating or evening out the comfort level from gamer to gamer. Also the gamers should compete with the games at the same resolutions on screens with the same refresh rate. Eliminate every thing that is different besides the fact that one gamer is on a PC and the other is a Console.

Besides this article is quoted from a blog that was done by Rahul Sood founder of Voodoo PC that is owned by HP. I think that he may have biased opinion on the Console vs PC gamer debate. The man doesn't quote any particular study with statistics or anything that proves the Console vs PC debate one way or another.

The whole "study" or "claim" seems sketchy at best with the lack of any real scientific proof. His whole blog was based off a rumor that microsoft had some project where they bridged PC and 360 gamers. Just saying something doesn't make it true. A rumor is a rumor. A side from all of that who really cares?