Issues w/ Game Patches

If anyone is experiencing problems w/ the game patches being released, kindly post those issues here so that we can see if these are files that should be avoided as a whole OR if the issue is resulting from issues on that PC.

Thanx.

-- Nem

I am currently running the latest UT2004 patch & thus far I'm not encountering any issues. The patch is also nice in that it has a built-in noCD mod. Upon install, I fired up the game & played Invasion ( which I LOVE playing ) for 30 min's w/o issue.

I know B.Ob. has it running as does Major Chaos & I haven't heard anything from them stating they've had issues.

Has anyone else tried it yet? If so, anything happen as a result?

Let us know.

-- Nem

Why upgrade if it aint broke...running Omega 2.4 since 05/02/03!!

I thought your Power Amp was coloured incorrectly? and laggin'

Why upgrade if it aint broke...running Omega 2.4 since 05/02/03!!

ParoxysM,

Something just occured to me regarding your issues w/ recent game patches. U mentioned in one of your posts that U still use the Omega drivers v2.4 ( release date of 5/2/03 ), ATi has their own drivers @ v4.5 ( release date of 5/12/04 ) & the Omega drivers themselves have since updated as well. I've seen myself that not keeping up w/ current video card drivers & installing new game patches causes issues such as what U are experiencing. For me that happened w/ BF1942 patch v1.4, until I updated my video card drivers, I couldn't get the game to play. U are likewise suffering from the same issue I was. I would strongly suggest installing the newest drivers. Otherwise, if that doesn't help, it may have something to do w/ the tweaking U are always doing to your PC, so something may need to be re-adjusted.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helps.

-- Nem

I was using the patch/update for that BFV @ the LAN and was getting blue and red lines everywhere w/ my FX5900. I updated my drivers (non-omega) and reistalled it and got the same thing again, like I was using a wallhack or something. Anyways, I'm not so sure if I've crossed a line here on this post due to the forum nazi B) but if so... can you keep my "thank-you and have a nice day"

-Bflo-

I haven't tried the BFV patch yet, but now it looks like I should to see if I encounter these issues. I'm currently running Rad Omega Drivers v2544 for my Radeon 9800 Pro, current release, & thus far haven't come across any issues w/ my present games.

Bflo, any other issues w/ games so far or is this just a BFV thing? I don't recall B.Ob. having the latest BFV patch installed @ the lan party, so MAYBE it was a backwards compatibilty thing, but I doubt it.

ParoxysM, did U try out the latest Rad Omega drivers? They're made by the guy who helps makes the drivers for ATi w/ his own little tweaks to them. I'm been running them for 2 months so far w/o problems. If interested, U can find the drivers HERE

Keep the issues coming everyone.

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...